Hangin' With Barefoot.

Traviscounty

Update: 45 mph winds.....at hotel in Paris.....licking wounds.....pics to come....Arby's in future.

Dangit, I got a $100 bucks say they didnt leave camp! Did see you see all the fun they were having, drinkin" and fishin'. Aint it funny how all but one of the pics is of camp activities. There was that Texas picture conspiracy thing mentioned a while back. You know where they just keep recycling the same fossil pics. Hmmm.. Im still suspicious, but I have no doubt you all had fun, and I dont care where that point came from (or from whose photo library) it is still one sweet lookin' point. You all sure do have nice arrow heads.(photos anyway)

Dangit, I got a $100 bucks say they didnt leave camp! Did see you see all the fun they were having, drinkin" and fishin'. Aint it funny how all but one of the pics is of camp activities. There was that Texas picture conspiracy thing mentioned a while back. You know where they just keep recycling the same fossil pics. Hmmm.. Im still suspicious, but I have no doubt you all had fun, and I dont care where that point came from (or from whose photo library) it is still one sweet lookin' point. You all sure do have nice arrow heads.(photos anyway)

That arrowhead was found fare and square buddy! I even took a pict of it before I picked it up. We can't help it if we live in the coolest state around. :P

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

It was a sweet point. Im jealous! What do you know about it. Tribe, what its made of, etc. For the moment I like arrowheads and other artifacts better than fossils, though fossils seem more plentiful. Of course I may change my story after Lee's Cr. this upcoming weekend.

Wow it looks like ya'll had a great time. Was one of the fish a drum? If it was, did you cut the rocks out of the drum? Congrats on getting the bobcat, who ever skinned it did a very good job. Nice arrowhead, did you get any other fossils? When I get back, we all need to get together for the weekend camping, and just hunt fossils the whole time.

I saw her find that with her feet! She could not help not topping my point, but she put the work in. I'm keeping all their bones to make soup. :)

post-1159-1237771872_thumb.jpg

post-1159-1237771951_thumb.jpg

That arrowhead was found fare and square buddy! I even took a pict of it before I picked it up. We can't help it if we live in the coolest state around. :P

BFG, that's a nice Gary point you found...definitely better made than the probable Kent point found by TC. Good finds.

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Glad you finally got the bobcat that was stealing your chickens! Great trip, sounds like fun. Take me next time :D

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

Beware...you have to pay the Troll before you can canvass the shoreline with baitcasters!!!!

Also as Ted says "Kill it and Grill it" anything goes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh,,,any ID on the skull? It's upper and lower incisors had like cutting grooves fore and aft.

I was guessing Canid until I saw the grooves.

BFG, could you get a better pic of the teeth in question?

post-417-1237776122_thumb.jpgpost-417-1237776151_thumb.jpg

Travis has all the bones and skull I found. He's gonna make a sculpture for Cierra.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

I gotta tell you, with 150 years worth of trash going into that creek I absolutely would not go in there bare footed!!! :P

And this coming from a guy that digs splinters or glass out of his own feet at least 3-4 times a year. Mostly from running barefooted up and down my street chasing my kids. :faint:

I'm still recovering from the 1"+ gash to my palm from POC last week. Darned oyster bed layer! At least it didn't get infected.

I agree, with all the glass, trash, and body parts floating around POC, Theres NO WAY I would go barefoot in there. Even the water might give you something :P

I agree, with all the glass, trash, and body parts floating around POC, Theres NO WAY I would go barefoot in there. Even the water might give you something :P

Dude,you are not kiddin!! I've seen barefoot in action....and heard fist hand that she indeed went barefoot into POC.

Geesh,,,I thought I was tough!!! I wouldn't go shoeless in that creek if you paid me! Unless it was in Perfect Chilean Megs :D

Now that looked like an AWESOME time! Congrats on the fine looking point Barefoot. It looks like it's in grea shape. And Barry.......Camp cook?......Looks like you're a pretty good cook my friend! Anyway, thanks for sharing the stories and pics.

. And Barry.......Camp cook?......Looks like you're a pretty good cook my friend!

Had to learn to cook for myself at an early age.Got tossed out of the house at 16 for good. :o My specialty back then was homemade Pico de gallo on top of Mac and Cheese :D

Speaking of which, the poison ivy I got there two weeks ago has now turned into a subcutaneous skin infection so I'm icing it and trying to figure if I need to go to the Dr's for antibiotics...

What is geology? "Rocks for Jocks!"

Yeah, I saw lots of poison ivy up along the creek bank especially under the bridge. Its not leafed out so people don't know what they are walking through, but even the bare twigs will give you a good rash.

Alfred North Whithead

Well, Travis got blown off the lake last night and decided to rough it out in a hotel last night. So today I took him to my super secret extra special hunting spot that i have never let anyone know about and the goober beat me to all the good finds! So here they are. I did not realize the pictures came out so bad but Im sure he'll post some more of his giant tooth later! Im glad he found it and another point. I found two sharks teeth and other little things.

post-1082-1237838873_thumb.jpgpost-1082-1237838883_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1237838891_thumb.jpgpost-1082-1237838901_thumb.jpg

Alfred North Whithead

Speaking of which, the poison ivy I got there two weeks ago has now turned into a subcutaneous skin infection so I'm icing it and trying to figure if I need to go to the Dr's for antibiotics...

yes! :o

the whole world wouldn't be blowin' money on antibiotics if ice would work on infections, would they?

actually, of course, i have no idea, but if you've got the creepin' crud, then don't post until you're disinfected. just kidding. kinda.

snarge, now my eyes are starting to itch from reading this.

I have been watching the weather and trying to figure out how I can get out of a trip this weekend. I will be gone for about 10 days and would rather be at the NSR this weekend instead.

Well, Travis got blown off the lake last night and decided to rough it out in a hotel last night. So today I took him to my super secret extra special hunting spot that i have never let anyone know about and the goober beat me to all the good finds! So here they are. I did not realize the pictures came out so bad but Im sure he'll post some more of his giant tooth later! Im glad he found it and another point. I found two sharks teeth and other little things.

post-1082-1237838873_thumb.jpgpost-1082-1237838883_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1237838891_thumb.jpgpost-1082-1237838901_thumb.jpg

Thats a huge Ptychodus tooth!!! :o I think I need to get to know you better so I can get into that super secret spot of yours for teeth like that!!!