The Santa Fe Saturday !

worthy 55

A few of us are thinking about hitting the Santa Fe Saturday if anyone wants to go contact me . Would like to go around 9:30 or 10:00. Send me a pm and I'll give you directions. You do not need to dive the water is shallow for the most part. Bring your permit!!

post-23-1237521432_thumb.jpg

post-23-1237521592_thumb.jpg

It's my bone!!!

Man, that stuff looks pristine! :) Where do you put in at the Santa Fe? I was wanting to plan a trip up there next month but had no idea of what boat ramp or method of entry to use in what part of the river.

Man, that stuff looks pristine! :) Where do you put in at the Santa Fe? I was wanting to plan a trip up there next month but had no idea of what boat ramp or method of entry to use in what part of the river.

Matt, there are ramps all along the river go to the FWC web site and you can find them there. I do most of my hunting on the upper part on the river just because I live about 600ft from it but the hole river is full of fossils so any place would be ok to look. I like shallow water but there are a lot of spots to dive also. Matt let me know when you are comming up and I will try to put you on some good places to look.

post-23-1237560651_thumb.jpg

It's my bone!!!

wow. Nice stuff. The Santa Fe is on my list of new places to explore. Good luck this weekend.

Pentax Optio W60

OMG! that is some awesome stuff!!! sure would like to look for fossils there!

" This comment brought to you by the semi-famous AeroMike"

wow. Nice stuff. The Santa Fe is on my list of new places to explore. Good luck this weekend.

Let us know when you do, we'll put you on some good stuff.

Picture038.jpg

Mastadon019.jpg

I did not find a whole lot but I sure had fun. Cris, found a vert that we could not figure out what it belongs to. I hope he will post a picture of it.B)B)B):D

post-23-1237765456_thumb.jpg

post-23-1237904419_thumb.jpg

It's my bone!!!

I did not find a whole lot but I sure had fun. Cris, found a vert that we could not figure out what it belongs to. I hope he will post a picture of it.B)B)B):D

I am interested in doing some diving in the sante fe (I am dive master certified). I cant go on Saturday but could go on Sunday or the following weekend. Send me a message and keep me posted.

Looks like you found some nice stuff. What species are the echinoids in the photo? I wish I could have gone but this weekend was too busy for me as it was.

Looks like you found some nice stuff. What species are the echinoids in the photo? I wish I could have gone but this weekend was too busy for me as it was.

Jason, I am guessing maybe Eupatagus antillarum ? B)B)B):D

It's my bone!!!

I went back to a different spot for like an hour the next day...Nothing real good, but I took some photos of the stuff and also got some of this thing we couldn't ID.... Click here to see the ID topic.

post-16-1237870587_thumb.jpg

Jason, I am guessing maybe Eupatagus antillarum ? B)B)B):D

The 2 in the first pic are Oligopygus(can't tell the species without seeing their butts); the single in the second is Durhamella ocalana.

I will get out with you guys when it warms up some.

The 2 in the first pic are Oligopygus(can't tell the species without seeing their butts); the single in the second is Durhamella ocalana.

I will get out with you guys when it warms up some.

Sounds great! Looking forward to that here, too.