Oklahoma Trilo Hunting

Perfect Castaway

I'm making a trip up to Coal County OK in about 2 weeks and was hoping someone here might know of some good spots to find OK trilos. Are there any pay quarries up there? I did a google search and found only a little bit on quarries in the region (mostly those operated by Bob Carroll) but no info on fee digging.

If anyone has any info on decent locations please let me know. I've always wanted to go to coal county for trilobites and I live close enough now that I can make a weekend getaway out of it with the wife.

-Timothy

I'm making a trip up to Coal County OK in about 2 weeks and was hoping someone here might know of some good spots to find OK trilos. Are there any pay quarries up there? I did a google search and found only a little bit on quarries in the region (mostly those operated by Bob Carroll) but no info on fee digging.

If anyone has any info on decent locations please let me know. I've always wanted to go to coal county for trilobites and I live close enough now that I can make a weekend getaway out of it with the wife.

-Timothy

Am going to watch this thread .

We have been up there , met and collected with Bob Carroll , who is very nice man .

There are some wonderful Trilobites that come from there .

I want one of the Cyphaspis carrolli , reminds you of Mr. Carroll .

Hunting fossils is fun , but discovering is better !

Am going to watch this thread .

We have been up there , met and collected with Bob Carrol , who is very nice man .

There are some wonderful Trilobites that come from there .

I want one of the Cyphaspis carrolli , reminds you of Mr. Carrol .

Maybe I'll be as lucky to collect with Bob Carrol. Probably not. If no one here has any ideas on where to collect I guess I'll just have to wing it. If I happen upon any good locations I'll post them here.

-Timothy

Maybe I'll be as lucky to collect with Bob Carrol. Probably not. If no one here has any ideas on where to collect I guess I'll just have to wing it. If I happen upon any good locations I'll post them here.

-Timothy

Hey Tim. I dont know where, but ive got bobs phone number somewhere? I havent seen it for some years and it may have changed? But if you can get with bob and do some trilo hunting, you will never ever regret it fella. In fact if you dont do it, you will regret it for years! I have always wanted to dig with bob, but never seem to have the time. In fact, I will make you this deal, if you do get to dig there and find some trilos, I will be happy to prep some for you and some for me. If thats ok with you that is? He really does have some nice trilos!!!

RB

I'll post pics when I get back. Looks like I'm going tuesday the 31st. Does Bob run a fee quarry or will he just let me hunt on his quarry if I give him a call?

I'll post pics when I get back. Looks like I'm going tuesday the 31st. Does Bob run a fee quarry or will he just let me hunt on his quarry if I give him a call?

Didn't ask , Mr. Carroll is hard to get a hold of , wish you luck .

I have been trying to get a hold of him for a few years now, and never get replys. I knew a few people from up north that went on his land every year to hunt, but they were friends of his. I even got a few Trilos sent to me from that area, and man are they cool. If you dont have prep equipment, you will be missing out. Most of the good ones found are cracked in half in the rock, then glued and prepped. I have 2 that I am working on, and they are fragile.

Let us know if you find any good places up there. a few hour drive is nothing if you are finding Trilos!!!

Did you get a hold of Bob ?

Did you get a hold of Bob ?

I'm a little hesitant to call. I don't know him and I'm not an outgoing person and I HATE talking to people on the phone. I emailed and got no reply. I got directions to his shop and I'll start by going there. If not I have a few leads to try out in some other locations in the area.

We'll see how it goes...hopefully it will be a good day.

I'm a little hesitant to call. I don't know him and I'm not an outgoing person and I HATE talking to people on the phone. I emailed and got no reply. I got directions to his shop and I'll start by going there. If not I have a few leads to try out in some other locations in the area.

We'll see how it goes...hopefully it will be a good day.

He has a new shop , so I hear .

Wish you luck and hope you find lots of good Trilobites .