Gastroliths?

Triceratops

Hi all!

I have always been interested in Gastroliths, the stones many animals use to grind up food in the gizzard, and I would like to buy one of these stones that came from the crop of a sauropod dinosaur, but I haven't found many fossil sites offering them, here's one site that does-http://www.ukge.com/en-nz/Fossils-for-Sale/Dinosaurs/Dinosaur-Stomach-Stones-Gastrolith,-Jurassic,-United-States__p-15-294-3054.aspx

The sellers give good reasons why the stones are genuine, but I thought I'd get an opinion from the fossil forum just in case.

Thanks,

-Lyall

I hope you will find this previous Forum discussion helpful. Good luck with your search for a nice piece.

Stomach Stones? - Questions & Answers - The Fossil Forum

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

I trust UKGE, and the examples shown, along with the explanation, look and sound good.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I hope you will find this previous Forum discussion helpful. Good luck with your search for a nice piece.

Stomach Stones? - Questions & Answers - The Fossil Forum

Thanks Snolly, I will certainly read that thread!

I trust UKGE, and the examples shown, along with the explanation, look and sound good.

Thank you Auspex. I don't think I'll buy one just yet (due to lack of funds) but UKGE seems like the best bet.

-Lyall