Linking Files Into T F F

jgcox

My question is how do you link to a PDF file on your hard drive so Forum members can read it?

Edited by jgcox

Just like attaching a picture; save it and attach it.

PDFs are, like images, limited to a max size of 2MB, though.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

that's the problem 26 pages and lots of photos cannot even link to drop box or acrobat cloud FF upload options keep bringing up a box about link properties and the link will not work.

There are ways to compress PDFs on line for free, if you do not have the full-blown version of Acrobat.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

I am testing a 26.5 MB PDF through dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/spstpkfy0v8bl1h/AAB3xG2xZU_9edQtunlahfjXa?dl=0

it works on my end, but I have an account. I'd like to know if non account users can download this :)

also if you do share this way, make sure that the folder you share has no subfolders you would not wish to share!

and of course copyright issues must be avoided...

Edited by xonenine

"Your serpent of Egypt is bred now of your mud by the operation of your sun; so is your crocodile." Lepidus

It did load, but excruciatingly slowly. After one page appeared, confirming that it did indeed work, I closed it: the projected load time for the whole document was 1hr. plus.