Fossil Impressions

Ranae

Hi! I'm new to all of this. Is there a post on fossil impressions? I'm unable to locate one. Thank you!

As a topic, "impressions" is going to cover a lot of ground, fossil-wise. Is there more you can tell us?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Well I found what I thought to be a fossil that looked like a paw print while I was in the middle east. I'm new to all this, so my knowledge is extremely limited. No pictures of it yet because it's in storage.

OK, "tracks" narrows the topic down. Exactly where did you find it? We can maybe determine the age of the rocks there in general, which might help. When you can, a good photograph will still be needed.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Upps... Afghanistan...

Just post a picture under "Fossil ID" and mention where you got it from. A picture is worth a thousand words.

Thomas

Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes (Confucius, 551 BC - 479 BC).