After School Special

Uncle Siphuncle

I busted out of work early to close on a refi loan today (dropping from 7.375 to 4.875% - Mua ha ha #1). With plenty of daylight left I made a beeline for the freshly doused Walnut formation sparsely exposed in my area. Site number 1 produced a handful of nice Coenholectypus, Heteraster, and Loriolia echinoids (Mua ha ha #2). Site 2, another known producer, gave up 3 Phymosoma and several Coenholectypus echies (Mua ha ha #3). Then my eyes fell once again on a road cut in a gated community that I never had the nerve to approach before. This time I walked around the gate and up the hill. A frowning old lady and her smiling hot daughter drove up and stopped to see what I was doing. Nerd speak drove them off, but the hot daughter would have been welcome to stay! I could have then surely won her heart by pointing out 3-4 more Phymosoma echinoids plus a bunch of pristine Coenholectypus while collecting with one eye and admiring her flaxen mane with the other. Such is life. I settled for the echinoids. No camera today (or I would show her)....but the echies will show up properly groomed in my March report.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

I busted out of work early to close on a refi loan today (dropping from 7.375 to 4.875% - Mua ha ha #1). With plenty of daylight left I made a beeline for the freshly doused Walnut formation sparsely exposed in my area. Site number 1 produced a handful of nice Coenholectypus, Heteraster, and Loriolia echinoids (Mua ha ha #2). Site 2, another known producer, gave up 3 Phymosoma and several Coenholectypus echies (Mua ha ha #3). Then my eyes fell once again on a road cut in a gated community that I never had the nerve to approach before. This time I walked around the gate and up the hill. A frowning old lady and her smiling hot daughter drove up and stopped to see what I was doing. Nerd speak drove them off, but the hot daughter would have been welcome to stay! I could have then surely won her heart by pointing out 3-4 more Phymosoma echinoids plus a bunch of pristine Coenholectypus while collecting with one eye and admiring her flaxen mane with the other. Such is life. I settled for the echinoids. No camera today (or I would show her)....but the echies will show up properly groomed in my March report.

How much rain did you get?

Looked like a lot of spots got a serious washing!

BTW I only spent about 20 minutes in Privelege Ck and didn't find anything. Not sure if I should look in the gravel or hard limestone...

Looking forward to the pix.

What is geology? "Rocks for Jocks!"

Yup, your the man Dan. ;)

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'