Hi Everbrody! Would This Be A Fosil?

tracer

i found this thing and it's heavy like my brother, whio's a rock. can anytelly bod me wha tit is? i think is petrified would, it be? a friend for me tell me there are men in texas (saint anthony and north maybe east of auslin?) and flordia can tell me what is for this?

post-488-1238287889_thumb.jpg

post-488-1238287901_thumb.jpg

post-488-1238287914_thumb.jpg

For a second I thought it looked like you had camel toe, but I decided it wasn't appropriate. At any rate it is a toe bone from a pretty big critter.

?Some kinda' toe bone?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

i found this thing and it's heavy like my brother, whio's a rock. can anytelly bod me wha tit is? i think is petrified would, it be? a friend for me tell me there are men in texas (saint anthony and north maybe east of auslin?) and flordia can tell me what is for this?

post-488-1238287889_thumb.jpg

post-488-1238287901_thumb.jpg

post-488-1238287914_thumb.jpg

........huh?

:rolleyes:

ANYWAY, does kinda look like a toe, if that's what you're asking ;)

Turok1copy.png

Guest solius symbiosus

tracer, you are posting like I do when I hit the sauce.

tracer, you are posting like I do when I hit the sauce.

there's mathod to my medness. is not! is too! shut up! YOU shut up! <rolling on floor, kickin' my own butt>

Sloth phalanx is my WAG du jour.......(said Dan using my computer. I think the ground looks like it's been thru hail).

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Sloth phalanx is my WAG du jour.......

I'm SO excited!!! (what's a sloth?)(no, forget that, what's a phalanx?)

if you could upgrade your surmisation to a SEWAG, i'd be grade full.

where's them other in-weighers?

p.s. - solius i never hit the sauce for four reasons -

#1. i can't spell mariniaria.

#2. iv i could spel mariniaria, i still coulnd't eat it because it's cot too much slodium in it and goves me bligh HUD pressure.

#3. i don't like pasta much.

your brother's a rock, and you're stone(d) :rolleyes:

(sorry, couldn't resist! i do enjoy your humor)

"don’t you lock up something that you wanted to see fly..." chris cornell / soundgarden

ok, well, now that the ascertainment of macro classification is complete, i'd like to push my luck and ask if anyone has an idea which of several genies of sloths might have worn this toe? i didn't want to rub the wrong bottle. i tried to look up the different sloth gangs but didn't find much on the relative physical size of them, and especially of their toes. in the process, i started imagining two sloths of different persuasions meeting up in the pleistocene and getting into a fight, in slow motion. it was a pretty amusing bit of mental imagery but did nothing to assist in quelling my curiosity regarding who sported the toe.

It might be my lack of intelligence or maybe the sauce, but isn't a little large for a sloth toe? I'm not trying to start something or disagree, but I'm just trying to learn something.

With rocks in my head, and fossils in my heart....

It might be my lack of intelligence or maybe the sauce, but isn't a little large for a sloth toe? I'm not trying to start something or disagree, but I'm just trying to learn something.

no, and it's ok to question things here. if you google giant ground sloths, you'll find that they got, um, scuze my lankwich, freakin' huge. there is a skeleton of one in the houston museum of natural science that probably would have weighed multiple tons. the problem for me is that i don't know enough to tell whether it's a pinky from a juvenile giant or a giant from a large smaller specie. but it is indeed a sloth phalanx, and i was just seeking confirmation of that initially, but there are certain characteristics of it that are fairly distinctive.

omg - auspex! i was just researching xenarthrans and found out that there's a "screaming hairy armadillo"! and apparently nobody's formed a band with that name yet! dibs on vocals.

...the problem for me is that i don't know enough to tell whether it's a pinky from a juvenile giant or a giant from a large smaller specie...

Time to go toe-to-toe with a tome with your toe in tow.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

"screaming hairy armadillo"

That's...a curiously disturbing mental image...

Time to go toe-to-toe with a tome with your toe in tow.

all are aware addled auspex apparently always adds awful alliteration, taking toe tomes tardily to tawdry tales

That's...a curiously disturbing mental image...

yeah, it's a keeper.

speaking of disturbing images, tj at times likes to lead the path finding, and he ran across a snake yesterday and subsequently seemed to be a bit fixated on the fact that some sticks aren't sticks. i'd given him fair warning that our friends the ophidians like to catch up on their sunshine and hunting this time of year.

For a second I thought it looked like you had camel toe, but I decided it wasn't appropriate. At any rate it is a toe bone from a pretty big critter.

Camel Toe!!! :rofl:

Congrats on the find! I'm happy to see you had a good time with Jr.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Camel Toe!!! :rofl:

well, i happened to find a picture online that just happens to show a big ground sloth claw and a camel phalanx in the same picture, so you can sort of see that camel phalanges are slimmer and longer, and not nearly as big. but i do strongly wish to eventually find something identifiable from a camel also, because we haven't found anything for sure from one yet.

picture