So Its Next Weekend And Its Time To Tell You What I Have Been Doing.....

Guest bmorefossil

Guest bmorefossil

well some of you may know some of you may just be finding out but i have been working on a few new projects..... skulls that is. Two nice ones and one partial. then there was the skeleton.... so John and I went down to the beach on friday to check it out and everything was still there but we met a man and i told him i had uncovered the skeleton last weekend so he said he would leave it alone..the very next day....today..... it was a different story, the skeleton is gone and i may not know who did it but its sad that i could not dig out what i started. So back to friday, it was a nice day we found some nice teeth john found a 2" mako and a really nice chub. and we both found one meg but i traded him a interesting shell for its rights lol. I found 2 more megs today but ill be spending alot of time working on the skulls. so it may be awhile before i post pictures of them. Oh and after our trip friday i took some pictures of stuff around the museum, the 3rd picture is a skull kevin found and the museum dug out

post-17-1238297583_thumb.jpg

post-17-1238297617_thumb.jpg

post-17-1238297660_thumb.jpg

post-17-1238297674_thumb.jpg

post-17-1238297683_thumb.jpg

post-17-1238297692_thumb.jpg

post-17-1238297700_thumb.jpg

post-17-1238297710_thumb.jpg

post-17-1238297720_thumb.jpg

post-17-1238297726_thumb.jpg

post-17-1238297736_thumb.jpg

post-17-1238297747_thumb.jpg

post-17-1238297760_thumb.jpg

post-17-1238297770_thumb.jpg

What kind of skulls? And what kind of skeleton? Inquiring minds want to know!

(BTW, thanks for the bird fix; Peligornis is awesome!)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Nice displays. OK...I'm going to play the dummy here and ask, where is your museum? Would love to see it.

Pity about that skeleton. Some collectors just don't have ethics.

Be true to the reality you create.

The pictures of the displays there are from the Calvert Marine Museum, Solomons, MD. The last 5 are from our newest exhibit. The paper labels are only temporary place holders.

The pictures of the displays there are from the Calvert Marine Museum, Solomons, MD. The last 5 are from our newest exhibit. The paper labels are only temporary place holders.

I have to get down there! When are you apt to be lurking about?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I have to get down there! When are you apt to be lurking about?

I am there all day on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and one day during the weekend but it varies depending on weekend plans.

The new exhibits are really nice and I'm sure you'd like to see the bird specimens we have in our collection.

Holy Cow!!! I would absoluty love to prep out that skull!!!

And yeah, way too bad about your skeliton!!! I feel for ya.

RB

I really hate hearing about your loss. I am glad however that you managed to salvage something. Whoever the guy was he just racked up enough bad karma to last a while.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Sorry to hear about the loss of part of the specimen.

Were you working for the museum on digging this out? If so, congratulations on a step up in status. What does the museum do to mark a find that they intend to continue working on? Is it posted in some fashion? I guess I'm hypersensitive these days about anything that might jeopardize the limited rights to hunt that we amateur collectors have.

Besides fossils,

I collect roadcuts,

Stream beds,

Winter beaches:

Places of pilgrimage.

Jasper Burns, Fossil Dreams

yea well the skull is coming out nice

Well that is a bit of good news.

RAWR! I am zeee dead bobcat!