"i Was Hoping To Find Something Mammoth Today."

Tracer Jr.

captain tracer and i visited one of our favorite rivers today, hoping that the rise uncovered something new. overall a pretty productive day, especially with MY lovely finds. who would want anything from an enormous sloth anyway?

first find of the day:

post-936-1238303930_thumb.jpg

the piece of horse jaw with tooth was my first find. i walked almost entirely down the gravel bar without finding another fossil. i met up with my dad who had walked ahead to show him what i had found. as he attempted to scrub the jaw in the river to clean it up a little, i looked in the water about three steps away from him and saw this:

post-936-1238304162_thumb.jpg

definitely not complete, but i love the color of the enamel on this very partial mammoth tooth. it appears to be from the back of the tooth. anything mammoth is cool in my book!

post-936-1238304249_thumb.jpg

the last find worth mentioning for today was the enormous toe. too big to be from a bison, the mighty tracer hoped it was from a giant sloth. according to mr. woehr in the ID section, he was probably correct.

post-936-1238304332_thumb.jpg

beautiful day in texas!

Hey Tracer Jr. Looks like you and pops had a great day. Lots of fun creek mucking for fossils. Nice finds. Also, Im going to have to learn how you put text, then a photo, then more text and another photo ect... I like the way you posted your finds.

RB

Your right, even a partial mammoth tooth is sweet! Maybe you'll luck out and find the rest. That horse jaw is super cool to little dude! I always enjoy seeing what the little hunters bring in.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Your right, even a partial mammoth tooth is sweet! Maybe you'll luck out and find the rest. That horse jaw is super cool to little dude! I always enjoy seeing what the little hunters bring in.

he's a teen, but he's not at all little. over six feet and can throw a baseball so hard that the firecracker pops of it hitting my glove hurt my ears, not to mention my hand.

Okay, then congrats on the finds you super tall, throws a mean baseball young one. What can I say, Im a mom and always think of children as small. Now that I know he's an up and coming Baseball Super Hall of Famer and about a foot taller than me I wont think of him as little any more.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Nice finds, TJ. Did you happen to check further upstream for more of the tooth?

If it is close by maybe you can check today or sometime soon.

Giant sloths were incredible looking...nice toe bone! Just saw a pic of one the other day...

Welcome to the forum!

Nice finds Jr. when you get a chance check out your ruler word on the street is Sr been messing with it. All in all you had a good day out with your dad way cool

Seldom

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

im glad the toe is from a sloth. thats pretty cool. i wish i had a sloth tooth :)

seldom, whats the goofball doing this time?

definitely not complete, but i love the color of the enamel on this very partial mammoth tooth. it appears to be from the back of the tooth. anything mammoth is cool in my book!...

Glad to see you picked it up in a nick of time...otherwise your Dad would have had rare family bragging rights. ;) Great day!

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

...he may have finally outfound you...until next time. TJ, watch out for the flying hat echies as he victoriously snoopy dances all week.

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ