A Few Things From The Creek.

worthy 55

Cris and I looked in a local creek for a little while today and found a few things. B)B)B):D

post-23-1238379349_thumb.jpg

post-23-1238379449_thumb.jpg

post-23-1238379495_thumb.jpg

It's my bone!!!

Nice skull. Probably score in the low 130s. Is that leg bone a tool or just a broken piece?

If you believe everything you read, perhaps it's time for you to stop reading...

Nice stuff Worthy! I wish I coulda fossil hunted this weekend. Had to study and take an exam instead. Nice skull!

Had a good time, Worthy! Gotta do it again sometime.

Didn't find a whole lot at the first place with Worthy (I got there late) so I hit a spot for a couple hours by myself afterward and found this stuff.

post-16-1238394035_thumb.jpg

Not too bad, I guess.

post-16-1238394418_thumb.jpg

It's right at 2 inches

post-16-1238394507_thumb.jpg

Sorry about the bad pic, but you can still see the coloration on this little guy.

Nice skull. Probably score in the low 130s. Is that leg bone a tool or just a broken piece?

It looks like it could be some type of tool. IMO B)B)B):D

It's my bone!!!

Had a good time, Worthy! Gotta do it again sometime.

Didn't find a whole lot at the first place with Worthy (I got there late) so I hit a spot for a couple hours by myself afterward and found this stuff.

post-16-1238394035_thumb.jpg

Not too bad, I guess.

post-16-1238394418_thumb.jpg

It's right at 2 inches

Sorry about the bad pic, but you can still see the coloration on this little guy.

Very nice Cris !!!! B)B)B):D

It's my bone!!!

Nice coloration!

RAWR! I am zeee dead bobcat!

• New Members
Nice coloration!

A nice day at the creek to be sure!! great finds! let me know when you're headed back out!

nicole

Cool finds for both of you! Congrats.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Nice finds. Here in Kansas if you find a deer skull, you have to get a salvage tag from Wildlife and Parks, or you can get a ticket. IF they don't want to give you a tag, they can take the skull. I know of a guy who found a locked up pair and took them to the local office to show them off, and had them confiscated. You can keep all the shed racks you want. They are afraid that people will shoot big deer and go back in the spring to collect their heads, and just claim them as finds. Since this has started, I haven't found even one skull with antlers. Go figure.

For one species to mourn the death of another is a new thing under the sun.
-Aldo Leopold

It looks like it could be some type of tool. IMO B)B)B):D

Does it have grinding or wear/cut marks on it?

Does it have grinding or wear/cut marks on it?

It is well worn from being in the creek but it sure has some straight edges still? B)B)B):D

It's my bone!!!

It is well worn from being in the creek but it sure has some straight edges still? B)B)B):D

I was thinking it looked kind of like a broken bone dagger. They usually ground the heck out of the ones I have seen, although this might be hard to differentiate from creek wear.

NICE! I love antlers, I am hoping to add fossilized antlers (well pieces anyhow, lol) to my collection. I have a set of deer tracks in stone.

" This comment brought to you by the semi-famous AeroMike"

...I have a set of deer tracks in stone.

Pics please!! :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!