Pcs Cancelled Again

greel

Scheduled to go in on Sunday (29th) with my East Coast Club. We got in for about an hour, when the horn/whistle sounded to call us out for the

day. The best part of the trip was meeting the Forum folks at the Golden Corral Saturday night. Met up with Grandpa at Rocky Point Friday, too.

Found some nice teeth in GMR on Saturday to make the trip worthwhile. The shark teeth on top are from Rocky Point - Eocene.

-greel

post-102-1238432465_thumb.jpg

post-102-1238432485_thumb.jpg

post-102-1238432511_thumb.jpg

post-102-1238432527_thumb.jpg

post-102-1238432539_thumb.jpg

Guest bmorefossil

see i think if you go anywhere you will find a gw..... just dont come to maryland becuase i may have to steal it if you find one up here lol! nice job

Way to go "Real Tooth"! That big GW looks great! Goosebumps said the water was super high, probably some good gravel days ahead!

Great finds Greel!!! I went Sunday but the water was high and fast; didn't have too much luck. Hope to get back there when the water is low.

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

Thanks fellas. The GMR teeth did take some of the sting out of my PCS disappointment, but the next group in

should note that not all that water in the pit is from the rain last weekend - a good bit of it is my tears. <_<

-greel

Greel, it was great meeting you and getting to know you. I look forward to the next time we can hunt together. I'll have to come up and get you to show me your GMR technique. I'd love to find a whale tooth like that!!

Grandpa

Greel, it was great meeting you and getting to know you. I look forward to the next time we can hunt together. I'll have to come up and get you to show me your GMR technique. I'd love to find a whale tooth like that!!

Grandpa

I'll be looking forward to that day! We definately have to spend at least a whole day in the creek. Maybe we can

get Dewayne to show us the area of Rocky Point where he digs up those tater sized Hardouinia kellumi, too. I'm

glad you'll be joining the East Coast Fossil Club - it seems like you've been a member all along.

-greel

Scheduled to go in on Sunday (29th) with my East Coast Club. We got in for about an hour, when the horn/whistle sounded to call us out for the

day. The best part of the trip was meeting the Forum folks at the Golden Corral Saturday night. Met up with Grandpa at Rocky Point Friday, too.

Found some nice teeth in GMR on Saturday to make the trip worthwhile. The shark teeth on top are from Rocky Point - Eocene.

-greel

Hey GReel,

I am wondering where you went in the GMR where the water wasn't to high to find those teeth. And I especially want to know how you found a whole hemipristis in the GMR. How large is that Hemi? It looks pretty awesome. For all the times I have jumped into the creek I have only found five broken fragments of hemi's. 5 out of like 5000 or more. When you are going back to the GMR again? Also I think I have the twin to your great white in the fourth picture :P . Check it out:

post-1493-1238698451_thumb.jpg

Mike

DO, or do not. There is no try.

Ohhhh, that's a gem! Love the cusplettes :wub:

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Hey GReel,

I am wondering where you went in the GMR where the water wasn't to high to find those teeth. And I especially want to know how you found a whole hemipristis in the GMR. How large is that Hemi? It looks pretty awesome. For all the times I have jumped into the creek I have only found five broken fragments of hemi's. 5 out of like 5000 or more. When you are going back to the GMR again? Also I think I have the twin to your great white in the fourth picture :P . Check it out:

Mike

Hi Mike,

Nice great white. The Hemi is almost 2 inches - the largest I've found anywhere. They are rare at GMR for some

reason. Like you I typically find broken ones when I do find them. Since you do find Yorktown material, it makes

sense that you'd find the big Yorktown Hemis, too. I get another shot at PCS on the 18th, so I'll be in the creek

either the 17th or 19th.

-greel

Hi Mike,

Nice great white. The Hemi is almost 2 inches - the largest I've found anywhere. They are rare at GMR for some

reason. Like you I typically find broken ones when I do find them. Since you do find Yorktown material, it makes

sense that you'd find the big Yorktown Hemis, too. I get another shot at PCS on the 18th, so I'll be in the creek

either the 17th or 19th.

-greel

Hey GReel,

I will be at the GMR on the 19th. I was there this Sunday and the water was still very high from the rain and the river backing up. I will send you an email with my cell number maybe we can dig around on the 19th. I am definitely jealous of that hemi. I found a broken blade from an upper hemi that if it was whole it would have been in amazing condition. But, that's how it is in the GMR.

MikeDOTB

DO, or do not. There is no try.