Family Finds

Mango

Took the whole family to the river this weekend. We all had a great time and found some treasures.

We had a bet going that whomever got the best find of the day would buy dinner. It was a close race between Grandma and myself. My mom found our first osteoderm, while I found a very nice 1 1/2" meg. It was debatable who had the best find, so I splurged for dinner.

Some of our other treasures were-

small dolphin jaw bone, alligator teeth lots of turtle shell fragments, mammal bones which I still need to identify.

LOTS of shark teeth. Myself I found 341 teeth on Saturday, and 260 on Sunday. With everyones together, we added almost 1000 teeth to our collection. Mostly small with some nice specimens mixed in. Found some decent sized hemis. I will measure and take pictures of those later.

post-1351-1238503825_thumb.jpg

post-1351-1238504571_thumb.jpg

Pentax Optio W60

The mammal teeth.

We had a bit of rain on Saturday which brought up the water level a few inches. Sunday there was a new creature on the bank. He had not been there the past few times I have been in this section of river. Makes me think he was hiding in the mud bottom. That makes snorkeling a little nerve wracking for me.

post-1351-1238505235_thumb.jpg

post-1351-1238505289_thumb.jpg

post-1351-1238505385_thumb.jpg

post-1351-1238505621_thumb.jpg

Pentax Optio W60

...With everyones together, we added almost 1000 teeth to our collection. Mostly small with some nice specimens mixed in...

Got them all sorted yet? :P

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Mango, Is that a "Poke Boat" Those boys are in? My uncle has one and loves it.

For one species to mourn the death of another is a new thing under the sun.
-Aldo Leopold

Got them all sorted yet? :P

Sorted? That will be many rainy days from now. They went into a large drawer. I could use some organizational help.

Pentax Optio W60

Mango, Is that a "Poke Boat" Those boys are in? My uncle has one and loves it.

It is actually just a cheap kayak I picked up used from a local kayak tour co. Works great, especially for the kids. I don't worry about them running it up on rocks etc. I have a couple of them. It never seems to fail that when the whole family goes, my wife gets the one that leaks. Sponge goes in that boat.

Pentax Optio W60