Small Teeth Aquia Formation

Guest N.AL.hunter

Guest N.AL.hunter

Some of these might be just tooth fragments, so please forgive me if they are. Any help IDing them would be great, thanks. They are all small except the last one which is 3/8 inch. The others less than 1/4 inch. Pics 1-4 of one tooth, pics 5-7 of second tooth, pics 8-10 of third tooth, pics 11-13 of forth tooth, and last 4 pics of tooth five.

1 and 4 look like angel shark, 2 and 5 look like posterior Cretolamna or Serratolamna and 3, a posterior, but I'm not sure of what, maybe Carcharias.

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

I agree, 1&4 are squatina. 2 and 5 are posteriors, too worn for precise ID. But I think 3 is just a fragment with accessory denticles from a larger tooth.

1 and 4 look like angel shark, 2 and 5 look like posterior Cretolamna or Serratolamna and 3, a posterior, but I'm not sure of what, maybe Carcharias.

---Wie Wasser schleift den Stein, wir steigen und fallen---

Ditto on 1, 2, 3, 5

#4 = Sphyrna?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Guest N.AL.hunter

OK, I knew that #4 was an angel shark, and it matches other angel sharks that I have in my collection, but #1 is different than all the others. Are you sure it is an Angel shark too? It curves back on itself. My other angel teeth don't do that.

OK, I knew that #4 was an angel shark, and it matches other angel sharks that I have in my collection, but #1 is different than all the others. Are you sure it is an Angel shark too? It curves back on itself. My other angel teeth don't do that.

Check out "Squatina".

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Guest bmorefossil

hmmm i have one that looks like it but it is from the miocene ill have a look at in the morning