Results...lee Creek Spring Trip

Terphunter

Nothing spectacular but as always worth the drive down. ;) Thank you PCS.

Good hunting

20090323-160509-01.jpg

20090323-161153-01.jpg

20090323-161935-01.jpg

LIFE IS SHORT...HUNT HARD!!!

Guest bmorefossil

yea only a 3.5" meg....... i could find one under that 5" meg...... come on you did great nice finds.

Nothing Spectacular!!!! Bring those goodies over here and watch my eyes get spectacularly large :rolleyes:

Great finds!

Guest N.AL.hunter

You definitely found a greater variety than I did. Nice teeth. Question for you, did you dig or were they all exposed at the surface?

Thanks all! Im not complaining by any stretch. I am still big meg challenged...meaning something over 4". One of these days I hope. All finds were from the surface, you just have pick up anything that looks out of place. Most of the big makos had only parts of the root exposed. The meg had about 1/4" of blade sticking straight up...almost missed it. Good luck to all with remaining trips!

LIFE IS SHORT...HUNT HARD!!!

Guest bmorefossil
Thanks all! Im not complaining by any stretch. I am still big meg challenged...meaning something over 4". One of these days I hope. All finds were from the surface, you just have pick up anything that looks out of place. Most of the big makos had only parts of the root exposed. The meg had about 1/4" of blade sticking straight up...almost missed it. Good luck to all with remaining trips!

see with skill like that you will find one

i wouldn't mind hearing any identifying information on any of the verts shown if anybody knows. good variety there.

i wouldn't mind hearing any identifying information on any of the verts shown if anybody knows. good variety there.

Well, the fish are most likley tuna and hake. The small disks are shark cartilage verts. I know the large one is whale and the smaller ones are probably porpoise. The one with the hole in the middle is probably a whale vert closer to the neck: I think it's the atlas. The one next to it seems to be the axis of a whale. Help me out if I'm wrong.

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.