Newbie Needs Id

luvdirt

• New Members

Hello all. Just checking this site out and was wondering if someone could help me id this for me. I found it just north of Flagstaff, Arizona about a year ago but I have no idea what it could be. Someone told me it looked like a vertebrae but not sure. Here are the pics. Thanks.

DSCN0318-1.jpg

DSCN0319.jpg

DSCN0317.jpg

It looks to me like it's carved; maybe an artifact of some sort?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

ok, first of all, if it's a vertebrae, then i'm good lookin'. wait, no need for me to get ugly to myself, that didn't come out like i wanted it to. i'm pretty confident that it isn't a vertebrae.

ok, second of all, it's not a vertebrae, i don't think. i have some short-term memory issues, but don't remember seeing anything like it before.

ok, third of all, i'm the forum fool, so nice to meet ya, but don't expect too much value from my foolservations.

ok, fourthly, if auspex isn't correct, then i'd guess it's a naturally formed oddity that's not a fossil.

and first i'd like to say, welcome to the forum.

Whatever it is, it's plenty cool.

I'm still struggling to recognize an organic origin to the form and structure.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I dunno...it kind of looks a bit to me like a trace fossil, maybe something's burrowing.

Be true to the reality you create.

actually, i agree with micropterus, unless the thing tastes like cinnamon.

Left it in the oven too long, didn't ya'. "Saw it, right off." :P

Since you have it in hand, does it appear to be made of coarse sand? Or, is it porous like some volcanic rocks (eg. lave, pumice)?

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

It looks to me like it's carved; maybe an artifact of some sort?

Appears to be a stream-polished representation of a wedjat or "eye of Horus." Proof positive of early Egyptians discovering the New World before the Vikings. B)

http://pristis.wix.com/the-demijohn-page

What seest thou else

In the dark backward and abysm of time?

---Shakespeare, The Tempest

Appears to be a stream-polished representation of a wedjat or "eye of Horus." Proof positive of early Egyptians discovering the New World before the Vikings. B)

Harry, your "appearition" and observation is an obvious obfuscation. Anyone with half an eye can see that this is a belly-button (outie) from one of the statues on Easter Island. Thus, proving that Thor H. was right.

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Bah, you're both wrong. It's obviously an earpiece from the early Myan civilization. They'd stick it in and hear one anothers' comments. Insanely advanced. Then the Spaniard who's eyes were stuck on the gold accidentally burnt all of the pieces in a massive fire. It then fell into an opening in a rock, and later was uncovered. Congratulations!

Btw, please disregard my comment or the other two above it, as they're inane, insane, and all around inadequate when it comes to being the answer to your plea for an I.D. :rolleyes:

~Eric

Turok1copy.png

<snip>

Btw, please disregard my comment or the other two above it, as they're inane, insane, and all around inadequate when it comes to being the answer to your plea for an I.D. :rolleyes:

~Eric

The wise man may apologize for his own foolishness, but he never volunteers to apologize for the behavior of another.

http://pristis.wix.com/the-demijohn-page

What seest thou else

In the dark backward and abysm of time?

---Shakespeare, The Tempest

Sandstone cast of the impression left by a gas bubble escaping from a mud, tar, etc, type sediment??

See bottom right corner Here

KOF, Bill.

Welcome to the forum, all new members

www.ukfossils check it out.