Shark Tooth Trip

kaleb

I know I dont contibute much to this site besides what i find but in all honesty i do not know much about fossils besides i like finding them. But anyway i took my wife out with me today and we met friend out there and he found one awesome sharks tooth the best i have seen out there so far i know there is more.Here it is

DSC03921.jpg

DSC03922.jpg

After seeing that tooth I was determined to find myself one and it wouldnt be not today. Today wasnt as good a day for me however i did find what i think is a whales tooth which i will post in fossil id section. I found a fossilized cong shell and a sand dollar in a rock here is what i found for today.

DSC03923.jpg

DSC03930.jpg

DSC03931.jpg

DSC03932.jpg

Please take a look at the fossil id section and let me know if you think i found a whales tooth thanks alot

Man, your wife found a 3 1/2" Angie!

Take her more often :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Man, your wife found a 3 1/2" Angie!

Take her more often :)

My friend actually found the tooth what kinda sharks is a angie

...what kinda sharks is a angie

Carcharocles angustidens was a "megatooth" with a proud family history.

Here's a piece, on elasmo com:

http://www.elasmo.com/frameMe.html?file=ge...genera-alt.html

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Guest bmorefossil
I like the sand dollar.

yea so do i! you can find them here in maryland but its not everywhere so now i dont have to leave the house and head down to the museum haha, nice finds (=

I like the sand dollar.

I too like the sand dollar.

It amazes me that one can survive somewhat intact. Ones found on the beach are delicate, and seem to break easy. How can they find a spot to last thousands of years without breaking apart?

Pentax Optio W60

thanks guys i dont know if you noticed in the picture but the back of the sand dollar is attached to a rock