Mammoth Fans

Traviscounty

I'll try to catch the show :)

(Check out the pics [photos tab]) in the promo: gotta' love reindeer)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I was lucky enough to be sitting in an audience while they were filming some of the scenes here at the University of Michigan. Unfortunately they wanted a classroom atmosphere so us old fogies were asked to sit in the back so we would not get into the film. After the filiming we got a preview of some of the scenes. Nothing was actually complete and in sequence, but it did look interesting.

I got an email from Dan Fisher (paleontologist working on this mammoth) and here is a quote from his email."

"In addition, National Geographic decided they could get some extra publicity for the documentary by running a “baby mammoth” series of questions on the game show Jeopardy, on April 23, 2009. Each question in the series will be introduced by a “video clue” filmed onsite in Siberia or Saint-Petersburg, where we were doing the “autopsy” on the baby mammoth. Finally, the cover story on the May issue of National Geographic Magazine, under the title “Ice Baby”, will also give an account of the project"

Just thought some may be interested, especially if you are a Jeopardy fan.

crinus

Guest bmorefossil
I was lucky enough to be sitting in an audience while they were filming some of the scenes here at the University of Michigan. Unfortunately they wanted a classroom atmosphere so us old fogies were asked to sit in the back so we would not get into the film. After the filiming we got a preview of some of the scenes. Nothing was actually complete and in sequence, but it did look interesting.

I got an email from Dan Fisher (paleontologist working on this mammoth) and here is a quote from his email."

"In addition, National Geographic decided they could get some extra publicity for the documentary by running a “baby mammoth” series of questions on the game show Jeopardy, on April 23, 2009. Each question in the series will be introduced by a “video clue” filmed onsite in Siberia or Saint-Petersburg, where we were doing the “autopsy” on the baby mammoth. Finally, the cover story on the May issue of National Geographic Magazine, under the title “Ice Baby”, will also give an account of the project"

Just thought some may be interested, especially if you are a Jeopardy fan.

crinus

wow lucky you!