Does anyone use JT's Shark Teeth or sharksteeth.com? Is it good?

Jenerator

Hello, I want to buy a megalodon tooth for my 9-year old son who is obsessed with megalodons & sharks in general. I found this online store called www.sharksteeth.com which has really good prices on megalodon teeth compared to other sites but there are all these things that make me go, "Hmmmmm..." Like you can't buy directly from their site - you have to send an e-mail, they see if they have the tooth in stock, then send you an invoice by e-mail to be paid by paypal. A lot of the links don't work on the site when you click on them but it could just be that they didn't feel like investing a lot in the site - (JT does the diving & the other guy sells - they both seem very nice over the phone). Also, I haven't found any online reviews about them though I do see their address & phone number posted all over the place so I guess that's good. However many sites have them listed as a sporting good store. Has anyone used them? Are they legit or too good to be true? Have you had a good or bad experience with them? I want to make a purchase this weekend so please answer quickly if you have any info on them.

Thanks! :)B)

Edited by Jenerator

Talk to Bill before you do anything: LINK

:)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I saw his site but most of the teeth were out of my $150 limit. Plus my son only likes the yellow-colored ones & he wants a big one - at least 4 inches. He's very picky & this will be his Christmas gift & pretty much all he gets. I personally like the silvery-grey ones myself but we're not buying for me today. We found a great one at Fossilera.com but when I went to get it the next day, it was already gone.

From what I can see on their site, they have what you're looking for, priced reasonably for enthusiast-grade teeth.

I've no personal experience with them, but they look to be pretty straight-forward. Diver-direct is usually good, for all but the most pristine museum-grade "investment" teeth.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

Thanks. Yeah, we don't need museum quality. And I don't mind if it's been polished. My son will be thrilled just to have a big ol' megalodon tooth. He already picked out the one he wants & it's still in stock. ;-)

He'll be thrilled, I am sure!

Nine is a wonderful age; old enough to be self-aware, and young enough to see wonder in everything. :)

Well, my dad bought the tooth for my son with paypal. He didn't get any receipt so I called but the guys are out diving today & said they'd be in the office tomorrow & it would get packaged & shipped. This is the tooth. post-19900-0-85307000-1445371334_thumb.jpg post-19900-0-09555300-1445371347_thumb.jpg post-19900-0-61629600-1445371361_thumb.jpg

Well, the megalodon tooth finally arrived at my parents' house & my dad said it was te same tooth as in the photo & it came with a certificate of authenticity so I guess all's well. I'll have to wait until Christmas to see the quality of it since they're sending it as their gift to my son. But at least they delivered as promised. ;-)

• I found this Informative 1