Strange New York Fossil

Master Max

• New Members

Hi. I am new around here, but I have a question. I have this fossil I have to identify, but I don't know what it is. I tried searching the Internet and everywhere else but nothing. Can you possibly help me? The picture is below, and sorry about the low quality. All I know is this... It is one of the oldest index fossils in Upstate New York, and it is not a brachiopod. Thanks.post-19984-0-15141800-1446070616_thumb.jpg

can you post a clearer shot

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

• New Members

I unfortunately can't post another now. Maybe tomorrow. If it is a stromatolite, I thank you in advance.

Here's a page for stromatoporids: LINK

Look for a bumpy surface and spicules to tell between stromatolite and stromatoporid. Good luck! :D

• New Members

Thanks guys. Sorry about the late reply, but it is a stromatolite! Thank you so much for your assistance. I will see if I can be more active in the future. ;)