Weno to the Fort Worth Limestone Formations in Cooke Co., TX

rwise

Found these in an area just south of the red river, and east of I-35 in Cooke Co., TX. Looks like Weno formation falling to the Fort Worth Limestone. Lots of Mortoniceras ammonites, and many urchin fossils, but I need help to identify this. The rock is very thin layered, about 1/32 of an inch for each layer and in each layer these formations appear different. These fossils are about 2 to 3 inches long each....

post-11919-0-42952600-1450911549_thumb.jpg

post-11919-0-04200800-1450911563_thumb.jpg

post-11919-0-78503400-1450911586_thumb.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help in identifying these.....

Edited by rwise

Thanks for your help in advance.

This looks like an ichnofossil, burrows in the soft substrate. Thalassinoides or Ophiomorpha?

156-992_1.jpg

Dscn0548.jpg

Edited by Sargon

These marks are very flat, unlike other burrows in the area.....each layer has new marks and they are only in that one layer. Burrows are usually more tubular, unless this got squashed in the layering process.....

These marks are very flat, unlike other burrows in the area.....each layer has new marks and they are only in that one layer. Burrows are usually more tubular, unless this got squashed in the layering process.....

Has the surface of the slab been planed by splitting/weathering?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

• 2 weeks later...

No I don't think so, the layers are flakey, and each layer has more of the same. And what's interesting to me is that the shape of the areas look the same....curved and pointed on one end...no irregular like show in above post....