Is This A Partial Croc Tooth?

barefootgirl

If just one side you might just be xiphactly right.

I really don't see a ridge on either side of my X-tooth. At least there is no pronounced ridge.

Guess the jury is still out at Baby Dolls in that limo!I really don't see it as Mosasaur .

> Looking where the crown would have met the jawbone on the underide of some of my smaller Mosa teeth you can see a conical cavity extending upwards towards the tip. I really don't see that on your tooth!

should i ask what you were doing in a ditch? or is that too personal? usually when people are in ditches around here, they're wrapped in a piece of old carpet and are at ambient temperature.

Actually I was in a ditch because Tue I almost ended up wrapped in a carpet in the creek. So Im staying in the more public places for a while till things get safe.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Actually I was in a ditch because Tue I almost ended up wrapped in a carpet in the creek. So Im staying in the more public places for a while till things get safe.

Sounds like you need to get you some pertection. You know us Texas folks and our guns.

:o

Care to elaborate?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Sounds like you upset someone by the name of Vinny. :rolleyes:

-----"Your Texas Connection!"------

Fossils: Windows to the past

:o

Care to elaborate?

Lets just say I learned some very valuable lessons that day.

1. Don't get someplace you cant hear whats going on around you. Always be aware of your surroundings.

2. Sometimes, things happen so fast you cant always depend on the fact that you might have a weapon with you or even on you.

3. Get a cell phone and don't put it in your pack, keep it on you at all times. Although, you cant always depend on it.

3. Knowing how to throw a good punch, can save your life.

4. What doesn't kill you really will make you stronger.

5. I can handle just about anything and get through it just fine.( With a little help from my friends)

The most important thing I learned though is that, I really do have some awesome friends on here who care about me. Thank you, for lending me your strength and understanding. My love to all who listened and helped . You know who you are guys! ;)

BFG

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

'Nuf said. Sounds bad, but you're OK? I didn't mean to pry.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

5. I can handle just about anything and get through it just fine.( With a little help from my friends)

You wanna take us back to that creek, i'll bring my persuader and i'll watch your back. Depends on what we are finding tho :D

You wanna take us back to that creek, I'll bring my persuader and I'll watch your back. Depends on what we are finding tho :D

Yes, we have already pondered that scenario.The only results that I see coming from that are Legal fees out the A** and other civil ramifications. Otherwise, I'm ready to defend that sweetheart known as BFG!!!

B

"...til things get safe."

safety is an illusion. things will never get safe.

I guess that one definition of "safe" is "not currently being eaten by a bear".

Freedom from want and fear is a goal of the deepest part of the mind.

I know that being safe is always just an illusion. But what I was referring to when I said, "till things get safe" is that I am hoping they will eventually find the man who attacked me.

and to Auspex, yes i am okay. Just few scrapes and bruises, thank God.

"...til things get safe."

safety is an illusion. things will never get safe.

Alfred North Whithead

I hope they get him! I don't think he will want to mess with you again BFT! Glad you are alright!!!

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

I'm glad to hear that you are o.k. I hope they catch this guy soon. It is bad when you don't feel safe when you are out fossiling. If I lived in your area we would take care of him!!! We fossil girls have to stick together :D

BFG sorry to hear that it is sad our world has come to this. 2 years ago my wife was attacked and hand bag stolen coming out of wal mart she was ok thank God and the guy was caught The sad part was that there was 20 or more people around and only one older man helped. The guy was out on bail before the paper work was done and finally saw the judge a few months ago. He had like 8 charges for robber assault etc and was fined 500 bucks no jail time. My wife will not go shopping alone and will hardly leave the house alone for fear the guy is still out there. Do not let the fear run your life just be safe and let me know if I can help.

Seldom

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

Im sorry to hear about what happened to your wife, I will pray for her to feel safe again. Don't worry about me though, Im not about to let some sorry SOB keep me from going out hunting. Ill just be better prepared and cautious. Bad things can happen anywhere, whether your in a public place like wall-mart or a secluded creek. Sometimes, You just have to roll with it and come up fighting. Thanks again Seldom.

BFG sorry to hear that it is sad our world has come to this. 2 years ago my wife was attacked and hand bag stolen coming out of wal mart she was ok thank God and the guy was caught The sad part was that there was 20 or more people around and only one older man helped. The guy was out on bail before the paper work was done and finally saw the judge a few months ago. He had like 8 charges for robber assault etc and was fined 500 bucks no jail time. My wife will not go shopping alone and will hardly leave the house alone for fear the guy is still out there. Do not let the fear run your life just be safe and let me know if I can help.

Seldom

Alfred North Whithead

Sorry to hear about that. I hope you were able to defend yourself with the maximum damage possible to them.

BFG - So sorry to hear about you getting roughed up! Holy cow, there are some wack jobs out there.

To your tooth....

It def looks to be fish. It's not Xiphactinus, as people have noted, X-fish have conical teeth with no pronounced ridge (think of a fat locust thorn). My vote is for an Enchodus fang. They are long and pointed and have the ridges on both sides.

Dang, BFG! There's some real idiots out there.. Certainly wish I had been around the bend and heard it happening... I would have chased him down, shovel in hand. ;)

youtube-logo-png-46031.png

... I would have chased him down, shovel in hand. ;)

I can see you going all El Kabong on him!