Central Texas Id

BobC

Hey Dan and BobC

Thanks very much for your time and information. I will have to give it a shot. I realize that it is all about the time you put into it. I just hate having to drive an hour befor i get to texas, which is no ones fault , i guess i just needed to complain a little bit. I really like the idea of riding back rodes, and BobC when you get that video up about the color of the formations let me know, that way i will at least know that i am looking for the right color stuff. Thanks again guys.

Hey Fossilman--one of my paleontologist pals told me that some of the oldest fossils in the world are in Oklahoma. I think she said Permian era fossils can be found there. That is pretty cool. And I gotta say, I have grown to love driving for hours around in these rural areas. I film everything and it's been a lot of fun. Here in the Austin area we have mostly Cretaceous fossils with a few Ice Age deposits.

Here's another link to a video of a huge rudist reef I found here in Austin. It also has some footage of my two best ammonites: