Florida Vert Id

Cris

I have a liiittle tiny vert to see if you guys can ID. I have ideas of what it could be, but nothing I'm going to mention...Any ideas?

post-1553-1240291391_thumb.jpg post-1553-1240291699_thumb.jpgpost-1553-1240291883_thumb.jpg

It's very obvious that it's ball and socket when you see it. Sorry about not getting a great pic of the other end...I had one, but for some reason it causes the forum to glitch when I upload it. It locks up the upload screen. (not over 2MB)

youtube-logo-png-46031.png

well, some articular and transverse processes are damaged or missing, so that hinders comparison/identification a bit. the spinous process is very tall for a snake, i would think. but the vert does seem kinda reptilian.

the lack of wide transverse processes could mean it's maybe a cervical vert? with no neural canal/foramen?

i'm guessing it's from a sail-necked lizard with no nervous system.

<sigh>

<his work here finished, tracer mounts his trusty dimetrodon and rides off into the vertebrate wilderness.>

i would tend to go with snake, but i agree with tracer that the spinous process seems a bit too large...its either snake or lizard...

"Turn the fear of the unknown into the excitment of possibility!"

We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.