Pyroraptor Eggs

HamptonsDoc

I've been searching online trying to find some information about Pyroraptor eggs and I can't find too much information or many pictures of them. From the scant amount of information I have found, it seems as though only small shell fragments have been found, is that correct? I would love to see some pictures or descriptions if anyone has them.

Are these eggs confirmed to be of Pyroraptor? From the few pictures of little pieces I have seen they look to have similar patterns to Oviraptor, but found in France where there aren't any Oviraptors.

I've seen a few small shell fragments that profess to be Pyroraptor egg fragments but they are so minuscule I think it would be hard to tell the difference vs Oviraptor shell? Confirmation might be difficult apart from actually finding the shell insitu with other Pyroraptor remains.

Edited by bcfossilcollector
  • I found this Informative 1

I've never seen any material that I could confirm is attributed to Pyroraptor. Let's step back and bit. We are looking at a large chicken size Dromaeosaur that the fossil record is only known by a few bones. How we can associate egg shells to this species is beyond me but I'm not knowledgeable on French eggs. Also dinosaur eggs are classified as to structure and not identified to species unless the eggs were found with the parent in a nest as noted by bcfossilcollector.

• I found this Informative 3

I've never seen any material that I could confirm is attributed to Pyroraptor. Let's step back and bit. We are looking at a large chicken size Dromaeosaur that the fossil record is only known by a few bones. How we can associate egg shells to this species is beyond me but I'm not knowledgeable on French eggs. Also dinosaur eggs are classified as to structure and not identified to species unless the eggs were found with the parent in a nest as noted by bcfossilcollector.

I agree with both of you. I don't know how these people selling these fragments can call them Pyroraptor either. Just wanted to know if anyone knew more than I could find online about them.