Green River Fish Identification

sharklover

Cor,

It looks like a Pipefish, Hipposygnathus sp. However, and I don't know why I remembered this website but I bookmarked it, says that the Pipefish is Miocene from the Vaquero formation, Santa Ynez Valley, California. See http://mcculloughfossils.com/fish.html

Are you sure it is Green River Formation.

JKFoam

The Eocene is my favorite

• New Members

It is from Poland, Syngnatus incompletus, or could be a Syngnathus acus from Italy. It is absolutely not Green River, as they were freshwater lakes, and there are no freshwater pipefish.

• I found this Informative 1

agreed, not Green River Formation. Lance Grande wrote a very comprehensive book on the G R formation and there is nothing even remotely similar. the matrix is a bit off for the 18" and split fish level quarries. (the layers containing the vast majority of G R fishes.)

Brock

• I found this Informative 1

agreed, not Green River Formation. Lance Grande wrote a very comprehensive book on the G R formation and there is nothing even remotely similar. the matrix is a bit off for the 18" and split fish level quarries. (the layers containing the vast majority of G R fishes.)

Brock

hey

Ok, thank's, I not know it, I have a nice Priscacara from Green river, and i thought that it's the same rock.

Cor

• 2 weeks later...