Mb,, You And Some Other Folks Are Going To Love This Stuff!

RJB

Ok you crustacean lovers. Here are some pics that not too many poeple know about. And if I remember correctly, the pics that come up first are last I think, so you may have to figure these out? A pic of one of my lobsters and also a picture of a closeup of the 'left bottom claw' showing some really aggresive 'teeth' like thingy's. How do you like my scientific lingo MB? Ha!!! And then a picture of one of the 8 legs that all had this 'little claw' at the tippy tips!! The really sad thing is, this specimen was in many many many pieces and I tossed it away thinking that I would find plenty more many years ago. Never to this day have I seen these 'claw ends' again in any of my lobsters! Almost gives me nightmares to this day!!!!

RB

post-171-1241394375_thumb.jpg

post-171-1241394646_thumb.jpg

post-171-1241395287_thumb.jpg

:drool: , and that's all I got to say about that.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Man way cool I want one of each.

Ok after weeks I have to ask. jpbowden why do you let your cow drink if she is a mean drunk????

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

I'm a crustaceon lover in a culinary sort of way, so that Lobster appeals to me in more ways than one.

Very nice piece!!

sweet lobster there Rono dude! But I think the king crab I'm bringing for our first night camping will be even sweeter! :)

Ok you crustacean lovers. Here are some pics that not too many poeple know about. And if I remember correctly, the pics that come up first are last I think, so you may have to figure these out? A pic of one of my lobsters and also a picture of a closeup of the 'left bottom claw' showing some really aggresive 'teeth' like thingy's. How do you like my scientific lingo MB? Ha!!! And then a picture of one of the 8 legs that all had this 'little claw' at the tippy tips!! The really sad thing is, this specimen was in many many many pieces and I tossed it away thinking that I would find plenty more many years ago. Never to this day have I seen these 'claw ends' again in any of my lobsters! Almost gives me nightmares to this day!!!!

RB

You are the best ... :D

Years ago I was at a garage sale. along with lots of household items, this guy was selling off all his fossils. I just happened to ask if he had anything in his basement. To my surprize, he had 10 boxes of lobster concretions!!! Im not sure how I didnt look excited, but my heart was beating 1000 beats per minute. And 5 dollars a box too!!! Anyways, even though they were indevidualy wrapped n news paper from 1972 and 1974, they were all in many many many pieces. Here is what one looked like when I put all the pieces onto my prep bench and what it looks like now. Enjoy

RB

post-171-1241447096_thumb.jpg

post-171-1241447140_thumb.jpg

Years ago I was at a garage sale. along with lots of household items, this guy was selling off all his fossils. I just happened to ask if he had anything in his basement. To my surprize, he had 10 boxes of lobster concretions!!! Im not sure how I didnt look excited, but my heart was beating 1000 beats per minute. And 5 dollars a box too!!! Anyways, even though they were indevidualy wrapped n news paper from 1972 and 1974, they were all in many many many pieces. Here is what one looked like when I put all the pieces onto my prep bench and what it looks like now. Enjoy

RB

so 5 dollars for it now also, right buddy?

gallery_17_41_9178.jpg

That's awesome.

Where are they from and how old are they?

What is geology? "Rocks for Jocks!"

so 5 dollars for it now also, right buddy?

Yep, thats right bmore. only 5 bucks. Well,, that and shipping of course. Heh,,,heh,,,

RB

That's awesome.

Where are they from and how old are they?

Hey OMan. The guy was gettting old, thats why he was selling everything off. I do know they are cretaceaus, but not sure of the formation, Its either pierre shale or Bear Paw? One of the concretions was in two pieces and it was an ammonite of some kind. Stil have that one somewhere, but dont know how to prep it? Its chambers are hollow!!!

RB

Hey RB,

Are these from the Bearpaw?

Bobby

Hey RB,

Are these from the Bearpaw?

Bobby

I cant remember bob. Iether Bear Paw or Pierre Shale?

RB

Yep, thats right bmore. only 5 bucks. Well,, that and shipping of course. Heh,,,heh,,,

RB

Shipping by FedEx ~$15

Handling of fossil.........$$$

Fantastic restoration, if you sell it you just have to give a before and after picture.

Kevin Goto, Lafayette,CA.

RB

haha well i dont know if i can do the shipping :P

gallery_17_41_9178.jpg

Shipping by FedEx ~$15

Handling of fossil.........$$$

Fantastic restoration, if you sell it you just have to give a before and after picture.

Ha!!! I think bmore already understands that if i was to sell for 5 bucks, shipping would be several hundreds of dollars!!!!

RB

sweet lobster there Rono dude! But I think the king crab I'm bringing for our first night camping will be even sweeter! :)

King crab is soundin purt dang good fella, but also, while I was out shoppin, a couple of great big thick and juicy ribeye steaks accidently fell into my shopping cart. What on earth will we do with them? Im thinking over a fire along with my super famous baked taters with bacon, onion and fresh garlic inside the taters as they bake? Sounds good to me!!! Heh,, heh,,, Life sucks man!!! Ha!!!

RB

Ahhh, OK. They're actually the same unit - its just called the Pierre Shale east of MT and in Colorado, and the Bearpaw up in our neck of the woods. I hate how formation names change over arbitrary political boundaries...

Bobby