A Short Whiskey Bridge Trip

silverphoenix

I got out for a couple of hours today--it's gotten way too hot to dig, so I don't think I'll be digging until September after next week. I was frying in the shade!!! I had to leave to prevent heat stroke because I ran out of the 3 liters of gatorade I brought.

Anyways, here's what I found--not much, but better than nothing though.

CIMG3511.jpg

CIMG3512.jpg

CIMG3516.jpg

CIMG3517.jpg

Man, I really need to get down there and collect some of those nice gastropods.

Nice teeth.

Very nice, Silver. I know whatcha mean about the heat--it is going to be close to 100 degrees this weekend so I may have to postpone any hunting until the fall. I took off my shirt this weekend for maybe 45 minutes and got so sun burned that I felt sick the next day. I don't burn easily either! Spring, winter and fall are great here but the summers are hell if you are an outdoor type of person, and I am! I thought my Black Lab Otis was going to keel over, the poor guy.

Wow!! That Texas sun is brutal. Looks like it bleached out Otis's hair so bad he looks white in your picture!!

For one species to mourn the death of another is a new thing under the sun.
-Aldo Leopold

Very nice, Silver. I know whatcha mean about the heat--it is going to be close to 100 degrees this weekend so I may have to postpone any hunting until the fall.

Ohhh noooo, don't do that. Just switch your collecting times abit.

In the Summer I get up and out to the collecting site by daylight or a little thereafter.

Then stop collecting around 11:30-12:00. It's hard getting up that early,but every time I set the ole alarm I almost always wake up just before it starts chirping.Anticipation I gess :D

Yeah, I may need to get up before dawn, get out there, and leave before 12 when it starts getting hot. I dug from about 12:30-2:30---the time they say is worst to be out at for UV XD At least I brought sunscreen, so no sunburns--that still doesn't help with the heat though. It's nice in the winter because I can work all day--it'll be 40 degrees or so and I'll break a sweat after about 4 hours. In this heat, I started sweating as soon as I got out of the truck...

Yeah, I may need to get up before dawn, get out there, and leave before 12 when it starts getting hot. I dug from about 12:30-2:30---the time they say is worst to be out at for UV XD At least I brought sunscreen, so no sunburns--that still doesn't help with the heat though. It's nice in the winter because I can work all day--it'll be 40 degrees or so and I'll break a sweat after about 4 hours. In this heat, I started sweating as soon as I got out of the truck...

If I was as close as you, I would probably hit it in the evening after work. Nice teeth.