Are they Othoceras?

Monchi3000

I just received them on e-bay from Poland, for Euro 35 totally.. But I have question, r these store bullets are sure as othoceras? Thx 4 answer

post-15926-0-51323700-1459010471_thumb.jpg

post-15926-0-30282900-1459010574_thumb.jpg

They are belemnites, not "Orthoceras". To be more precise, they are partial belemnites showing the tip of the guard but lacking the end with the phragmocone. As such, they lack the diagnostic characters needed to identify them confidently to genus and species.

Don

• I found this Informative 3

They are belemnites, not "Orthoceras". To be more precise, they are partial belemnites showing the tip of the guard but lacking the end with the phragmocone. As such, they lack the diagnostic characters needed to identify them confidently to genus and species.

Don

Thx for answer. =) Well, I also wonder know is the right price for 35 euros for them? Or more expensive? Brought them from a Polish fossil seller on e-bay 1 week ago.

seems high to me, there are areas where you can fill buckets with Belemnites.

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

Then....that Poland man cheated me...... :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry: Grrrr~!!!!!!!! Sign....... He said they are Orthoceras..........

Orthoceras would have chambers:

post-423-0-72115800-1459020528_thumb.jpg

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Some places here they are quite common. A place in Wyoming where you cant help but to walk on them cause there are so many. sorry

RB

The ammonites help make it not such a bad purchase, unless shipping was extra, though I would have probably not done it, myself, even if the shipping was included in the $35. Sellers don't always know the proper information about what they are selling.

Did he provide locality information for any of these? Accurate location info helps make a fossil more valuable, in my opinion.