Trilobite Id Requested

LarryT

Hey,

You have very nice trilobite!

It is Cambropallas telesto.

"It seems to me that the natural world is the greatest source of excitement; the greatest source of visual beauty; the greatest source of

intellectual interest. It is the greatest source of so much in life that makes life worth living."

-Sir David Attenborough

Very nice specimen!

I think it looks similar to one of these: ...EDIT: deleted...

That's a Cambropallas telesto

I am no expert on Trilobites, however, just thought it looks similar to the pics.

Edit- Just saw that's the same as what Didranurus said also. I assume Didranurus probably knows Trilobites. All I did was look for representative pics.

Thanks Folks!

I really, really appreciate the help.

I had searched the net for several hours trying to id this, needless to say, without much success. (I won't embarrass myself by listing what I thought were candidate species). After your help, I googled "Cambropallas" and found several sites that were both extensive, and understandable, that I can use in the future. In a way, I got a "two-fer". -an answer and resources. (the old 'teach him how to fish, and you won't have to feed him all the time' ).

I was fortunate to acquire 6 of these in an estate purchase, and this one is the smallest! I was going to post a pict of the largest one, but I had set it aside for safe keeping, and now I can't seem to get a locate on it..., if my memory serves me (which it isn't lately), I think it was at least 16" long. When it resurfaces (I know it didn't walk away), I'll post a pict.

Thanks again, you guys and gals are the best!

Larry

I've never heard of a Cambropallus that was 16". Sounds more like that one might be an Acadoparadoxides.

Be true to the reality you create.

I've never heard of a Cambropallus that was 16". Sounds more like that one might be an Acadoparadoxides.

Biggest Cambropallas which I know is 11,75". ...EDIT: deleted...

I also think that 16" long trilobite is probably Acadoparadoxides nobilis or Acadoparadoxides briareus.

"It seems to me that the natural world is the greatest source of excitement; the greatest source of visual beauty; the greatest source of

intellectual interest. It is the greatest source of so much in life that makes life worth living."

-Sir David Attenborough

Biggest Cambropallas which I know is 11,75". ...EDIT: deleted...

I also think that 16" long trilobite is probably Acadoparadoxides nobilis or Acadoparadoxides briareus.

Frank and Didranurus,

My sincerest apologies, I shouldn't have trusted my memory and quoted the lenght.

It is only about 12" (a shade under).

After closer examination, I see where they are also different species.

I believe you are right on target with Acadoparadoxides.

post-1646-1241977496_thumb.jpg

I should know that speaking from my memory results in talking out my butt.

Sorry, didn't mean to mislead.

Larry

Guest solius symbiosus
I should know that speaking from my memory results in talking out my butt.

Sorry, didn't mean to mislead.

Larry

I do the same thing all the time, and like you, I qualify my statements with "I think", or "if memory serves". So, no need for apologies... (thank goodness! If there were, most of my posts would be apologetic in nature :P )