Bad Weather = Good Finds

Frank Menser

Have had a pretty rough couple days with all the severe weather including several tornadoes in E Carolina. However, there is a silver lining.

Went to the pond today and hunting was great. The storms had exposed lots of new material. So when Robert called asking me to hunt with him I jumped at it even though temps were near 90*. Robert found the big shark tooth and one other that was a bit smaller (Not pictured). I hit pay dirt following one erosion crack down the bank. I picked up three Mosaur teeth (the largest is 2") two Encodus teeth, a couple of other teeth I am not sure of ID and a lot of shark teeth. A good hunt! :D

One thing that is dificult here is to properly photograph the large shark teeth. They have an odd lovely - almost metallic copper color that just doesn't translate...

post-1313-1241916227_thumb.jpgpost-1313-1241916166_thumb.jpg[attachment

=25406:Mosasaur...uffleton.JPG]post-1313-1241916386_thumb.jpg[attach

m

ent=25409:IMG_4419.JPG]

post-1313-1241916124_thumb.jpg

post-1313-1241916293_thumb.jpg

Be true to the reality you create.

Here is another find. Don't know what it is (a fish tooth?). Just amazingly polished on the exposed part.

post-1313-1241969452_thumb.jpg

Be true to the reality you create.

• 2 weeks later...

Great finds, that Mososaur tooth is a monster. Congratulations! I was always wondering what those enchodus teeth were. To be honest, I actually tossed a couple back to their watery resting place before I decided to start keeping them. I figured after awhile they were some sort of fish tooth and now I know for sure. This is such a great site to learn on!

DO, or do not. There is no try.

Here is another find. Don't know what it is (a fish tooth?). Just amazingly polished on the exposed part.

post-1313-1241969452_thumb.jpg

Looks like a Pychnodont tooth!