Lee Creek May 3rd Trip

Spooky1

My first trip to Lee Creek was fun and I was able to find some items I didn't have.

Here are some of my finds.

The Great White tooth is missing the root which I've been told is common at Lee Creek. The Tiger Shark tooth is the biggest I've found yet. I was told the bird bones are most likely Auk. To date i hadn't found any whale or dolphin vertebrae on my trips to Calvert Cliffs so I had a bucket full when I left Lee Creek. :) I didn't find any Megs or large Mako teeth, but there's always next time.

post-650-1242010432_thumb.jpg

post-650-1242010490_thumb.jpg

post-650-1242010522_thumb.jpg

post-650-1242010559_thumb.jpg

A few more of my finds.

I found some nice fish and shark vertebrae. Some assorted smaller shark teeth, and a piece of a meg (I'm trying to decide if one in the picture is a whale shark tooth). Also, if you go to the Museum in Aurora make sure to do some sifting in the piles. I found some nice teeth the day before I hit the mine. Thanks to the folks at the PCS Phosphate Mine, and the volunteers who make these trips possible.

post-650-1242010891_thumb.jpg

post-650-1242010921_thumb.jpg

post-650-1242010946_thumb.jpg

was great to meet you spooky!!!!!

hope to see you around here some time.

great finds

gallery_17_41_9178.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
...I was told the bird bones are most likely Auk...

Yup, Razorbill Auk; ulna and tarsometatarsus.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Nice finds glad you had good luck

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway