Wooohooo,we Made It To Pcs!

beachbum

We finally made it to the PCS mine.The 9th was a good day for fossil hunting.Thank-you PCS for the opportunity.Before we went in,we met a few members from the Fossil Forum in the parking lot.It's great to be able to put faces with names.It was great to meet and talk to Fatboy and his sister(we need to do something about her hardhat,it's flying the Redskins colors..LOL ),Lawooten and her husband,BJ Aurora,Catshark and BSR_ _ _ _ ( sorry..couldn't remember the number).I can't forget my buddy Hawkeye,who was so anxious I don't believe he slept the night before.Everybody was getting excited about what could be had for the day.We all knew that it had rained earlier that week,so we figured we all would be able to find a 6" meg with no problem. After the longest 5 minute bus trip ever,we were all ready for the walk down the ramp.Off we go!! Let's see now.....how does the saying go? It was a bright and sunny day and the spoil piles beckoned us.We walked and kept our eyes peeled for that shiny glimmer off a tooth or look for the shape of a vert amongst the spoils.The out of place shape of a dolphin tooth. And we walked on....and on... and on...looking and looking and looking....... WooooHooo,my first tooth came about an hour later and what a tooth.As it turned out it was a best for me.A mako that is just over 2 1/2".That turned out to be the incentive that I needed.We picked up some shells,a few verts,a small piece of fish jaw with some teeth in it and of course shark teeth.By now time was flying by and it was time to make the trek back to the ramp.Being the avid hunter,we never stopped looking.Even as we were getting on the bus.

Now your probably asking,"where's the pictures?" I'll post them soon.There are ground shots,people looking fossils and a shot of a few Forum members.I wanted to get a quick post in before I pack my bags and head out of town.My dad is in the hospital and is in icu.Unfortunately,he's not doing to well.

We hope everyone had some good finds.We did and it was fun.

Hope your dad feels better. He must have felt pretty bad not to join us at PCS. I'm sure if you gave him that mako it would lift his spirits... B)

If you believe everything you read, perhaps it's time for you to stop reading...

Sorry to hear about your dad, hope he is better soon. Sounds like you had a good trip, congrats.

It was great meeting you and all the other Forum members this past weekend, and I am glad you had a good time with some nice fossils found. Wishing your father a speedy recovery!

Glad you could get some good finds in to tell your dad. Good luck with him.

Kevin Goto, Lafayette,CA.

Hope your dad gets better soon! It was nice meeting you and all the forum members. I am happy to hear you had a good time and found lots of fossils.

I do hope your father will recover very soon Beachbum and it was very nice meeting you all. Hope we can get everyone together during the Aurra Fossil Fair. I will post my pic from the trip on May 12.

The best days are spent collecting fossils

It was nice meeting everyone too. I'll post a report as well soon. I'm sorry to hear about your father. I'll say a prayer for you and your family for a speedy recovery. The one thing that I regret that we should do in the future is some sort of get together afterwards. I have a lot to say about my trip...mostly about the very nice folks that I met. What a terrific experience.

Kevin Wilson