Unexpected Echinoids

Pool Man

I find myself always looking at the stuff i'm walking on(I'm sure most here can relate). I was recently walking back to my work truck at a Charlotte county park when I noticed this guypost-148-1242083653_thumb.jpg. The manager of the site said the crushed rock came from a local quarry (put didn't know where).I beleieve tamiami limestone is mined localy.

And then yesterday I was looking at big chunks of limestone that were lining the parking lot at a park in Sarasota county and found this beauty post-148-1242083893_thumb.jpg There was no test visable, but it poped right out of the rock. The rock was a sandy orangeish limestone with lots of shell molds,and is proabably localy obtained.

Any ideas on an ID?

Thanks for looking!

Dan

Sorry Dan, not sure about an ID, but I've started to do the same thing.

I find fossil wood cobbles mixed in with landscaping rocks quite frequently these days. And a friend of mine recently found a heart urchin in the limestone gravel that a local road crew used on his street.

What is geology? "Rocks for Jocks!"

I have found several echs and other things in the gravel of my driveway going back and forth to the mailbox.

Cool finds, my driveway gives way to pieces of jasper on occasion. No fossils :P