Post Your May 9th Lee Creek Finds

lawooten

We did get pic if some of the forum members. Did not get everyone’s pic but will at the fossil fair for sure on 23rd. By the way, the best day to be there will be Saturday to buy all the goodies they have to sell. .

The second pic is of the ramp we crossed going into the quarry.

All the rest of the pic is what Ernie and I found.

However, the very best find for me is the last pic.

I am sorry I did not get pics of all the members of the forum but will not be remiss next time we meet up. Maybe we can all get together for dinner to show off what we bought or just to get to know each other. Oh ya the Meg is 4 1/2 inches and with a complete root I can only guess that it would have been at last 5 inches.

post-764-1242138112_thumb.jpg

post-764-1242138145_thumb.jpg

post-764-1242138202_thumb.jpg

post-764-1242138254_thumb.jpg

The best days are spent collecting fossils

Awesome finds, love the pics of everyone and the mine, thanks for sharing.

The very best find for the day for me was in this first pic right here. My hubby.

post-764-1242139580_thumb.jpg

post-764-1242139869_thumb.jpg

Edited by lawooten

WOW that is a lot of verts, looks like ya'll hit the jack pot that day!!!!!!!!! congrats on all of your great finds.

WOW that is a lot of verts, looks like ya'll hit the jack pot that day!!!!!!!!! congrats on all of your great finds.

It was a good day indeed we meet some great people and collected fossils all in the same day. The weather was in the 90s but we had a strong wind that cooled us. In all on May 9, ten Megs found and that is not shabby at all. For Ernie and me after having three rainouts it was good to get in on the last day of the season. It only goes to show that no matter what date you go in you will find some nice specimens.

Great stuff Linda! I'll try to get my teeth on there today when I get home from work.

If you believe everything you read, perhaps it's time for you to stop reading...

Great stuff Linda! I'll try to get my teeth on there today when I get home from work.

Cool looking forward to seeing them.

Guest N.AL.hunter

Let me get this straight... you found all of that in one day!!! That is a lot of fish mouth plates and verts. You did really well.... makes me wonder about my eyes!

Let me get this straight... you found all of that in one day!!! That is a lot of fish mouth plates and verts. You did really well.... makes me wonder about my eyes!

Yes, we found them all in one day. When we started to find teeth, we would do Becky's Pungo crawl. I figured everyone was walking around and not getting close to the ground but most everything we found was within three hills. It is not how much looking you do it is how you look. The Meg I found had footprints all around it. When I get into the right material, I stop walking and start crawling.