Kid Friendly Sites

tjstahl

• New Members

Hi,

We are going to be traveling through some western/northwestern US states, and I was wondering if there are any "kid or family friendly" fossil sites to visit, possibly ones that offer excavation opportunities for younger kids? We will be traveling through SD, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Utah and Nebraska. Any help you can give is greatly appreciated.

Montana is a people friendly State

check out their travel web site

just type Montana and go surfen

ie dinosaur trail, or what ever you are interested in.

Hi,

We are going to be traveling through some western/northwestern US states, and I was wondering if there are any "kid or family friendly" fossil sites to visit, possibly ones that offer excavation opportunities for younger kids? We will be traveling through SD, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Utah and Nebraska. Any help you can give is greatly appreciated.

I highly recommend a side trip to Hays City, Kansas (Fort Hays) to the Sternberg Museum. It has one of the best, if not THE best, Cretaceous Fossil collections in the world. Look it up on the web & you will see what I mean.

-----"Your Texas Connection!"------

Fossils: Windows to the past

I think the Sternberg also still has their "Dinotopia" thing going on with a lot of dino stuff that they usually don't have. If you do go that route, send me a PM and I can point you in a few directions for some kid friendly sites in KS.

For one species to mourn the death of another is a new thing under the sun.
-Aldo Leopold