Still Following The Beach

jpbowden

Spent the last few weeks following this beach and have figured out the the layer is not at the bottom but the top, at some point the Highway Dept. had pushed the top down to fill in the gullies. But this site became a dead end, they came back and with top soil and cover it and put down this grass mat. So after two weeks of looking I found it another place. :P I got to get me a Microscope! I found the smallest sharks tooth I have ever seen, the root is gone but the tip is curved but into the stone.post-749-1242525627_thumb.jpgpost-749-1242525633_thumb.jpgpost-749-1242525646_thumb.jpg

post-749-1242525639_thumb.jpg

What's your take on the stratigraphic sequence now?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

What's your take on the stratigraphic sequence now?

Still not sure, just found some brachiopods, and very long spines that I thought were for echinoids, but they seemed to have come off the brachiopods? Also, found a very small claw of some sort and will just keep at it. But to tell the truth, it looks more and more like this is tied into Waco, though Waco was in deeper water this is stuff cast up from wave action. Who knows maybe a lagoon.

I saw the title of your post, then your first two pics and I thought they were the aerial shots of the beach you were on! :rofl:

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

I saw the title of your post, then your first two pics and I thought they were the aerial shots of the beach you were on! :rofl:

Ya, I've been follow this layer all over Bell County, and JohnJ said it was a beach, and he's right, it's becoming a real beach! <_<