Sunday At Milnerton Beach

Afrikaner

Hi all,

on Saturday a cold front slammed in to the cape coast, high winds and rain the whole day.

The forecast for Sunday was the same but to my surprise just before lunchtime the sun

came out :rolleyes: .

So I decided to hit the Big Bay Beach, what a disappointment, high waves and all covert in greenish

kelp foam :o .

Ok, back to the car and a 15min drive to Milnerton Beach and there where about 10 shark tooth hunter

busy walking up and down a small patch of gravel, I got out of the car and joint them.

Nobody had found anything decent and as time went by the patch became a bit bigger but no good finds where made.

After an hour I had found one small Mako and decided to leave the group and try a new patch emerging a few meters

away, I love taking the road less travelled :) .

5 minutes later I found the big Mako and was over the moon, one of the other collectors saw me picking it up and

came over to have a look from then on the news spread like wild fire and everybody wanted to have a look and joint

me at the new patch :o .

One guy told me I must be the most hated person on the Beach right now and I couldn't care less B) .

1-2 hours later with a few smaller teeth in my pocket I left the Beach very happy.

Regards from Cape Town

Werner

post-943-1242620017_thumb.jpg

post-943-1242620035_thumb.jpg post-943-1242620046_thumb.jpg

post-943-1242620083_thumb.jpg post-943-1242620189_thumb.jpg

post-943-1242620211_thumb.jpg

Better a bad Day at the Beach than a good Day at the

Office!

So many hunters, so little beach...

Funny how "the crowd" appears as soon as you look like you'va got something. Happens in fishing and birding too.

You can't win the Tour de France by staying in the peleton.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

So many hunters, so little beach...

Funny how "the crowd" appears as soon as you look like you'va got something. Happens in fishing and birding too.

You can't win the Tour de France by staying in the peleton.

How true!

I like to try a new approach and hate masses :D .

Better a bad Day at the Beach than a good Day at the

Office!

I so love seeing big teeth like that. Great job hunting and good luck in the future. Thanks for sharing those with us.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'