Getting Ready To Hit The Field

Xiphactinus

You all can't imagine how excited I am. Since I lost my job last spring, there were no fossil hunting trips for me. I haven't been seriously fossil hunting in a year and a half...the longest stretch of non-fossil hunting in since I was 7. (I'm 43 now.) Not getting in the field has been good for prepping, but man, I need to find something new!!

That being said, now being gainfully employed, the family is heading to the Kansas chalk in about 48 hours! Think mosasaur....

:P:P:P:P

Guest N.AL.hunter

Congrats on the job and good luck on the hunt! What strength of fishing line do you use for Mosasaur? It's got to be stronger than what you used for the Xaphactinus.

You all can't imagine how excited I am. Since I lost my job last spring, there were no fossil hunting trips for me. I haven't been seriously fossil hunting in a year and a half...the longest stretch of non-fossil hunting in since I was 7. (I'm 43 now.) Not getting in the field has been good for prepping, but man, I need to find something new!!

That being said, now being gainfully employed, the family is heading to the Kansas chalk in about 48 hours! Think mosasaur....

Good Luck Xip, Hope yall have a nice trip! I'm 43 and this week-end will be my first fossil trip,"Never to late to start i guess". BILL

Congrats on the job and good luck on the hunt! What strength of fishing line do you use for Mosasaur? It's got to be stronger than what you used for the Xaphactinus.

I'll be trolling for Mosasaur with "whatever it takes" line....hopefully pickax, shovel, rockhammer....

Let's see...16/3 x 8 + 14...7...3 carry the 9...times 4.... I think you are looking for a 12 foot Clidastes to fit nicely in the X-fish room. Keep your hammers crossed (mostly keep your eyes open; it works better than the hammer thing). ;)

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

I guess you know what you might be getting into, so good luck!

(I'll keep an extra Drool Bucket handy, just in case)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Congrats on the job and getting to go fossiling. Hope you "catch" a big one.

If you do as good as Snakekeeper did last weekend you'll be pretty happy!

What is geology? "Rocks for Jocks!"

Good Luck! I know what it's like to not be able to hunt for a while! It's great when you finally get out!!!! :D

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

Think mosasaur....

Think success...

Good wishes and post the good stuff you will find!

Welcome to the forum!

Good luck, They have had a lot of rain lately, so hopefully you will find something great. If you need some help getting something out, give me a call. I should be back in the state and may be able to come out to help.

PS I just sent you a PM

Ramo

For one species to mourn the death of another is a new thing under the sun.
-Aldo Leopold