One Dang Nice Trilobite!

RJB

Well,,, Finally got back from my trip the other day. Boy was I tired!!! Im gettin too old and too fat for this kind of super hard super duty fossil hunting anymore? Plus bonedigger forced me to drink and stay up till 1:30 one night!!! That made for one tuff day the next day. Uuuuugh!!! The first two places we hunted was purty much a bust, but on the way back to camp the second day we hit pay dirt and thats all im gunna say about that spot. But, again, thanks to governments trying to save all those fossils, I can tell you we walked over tens of thousands of ruined fossils!!! Just absolutly disgusted me!!!

Anyways, we then went to the trilobite site. What a ton of hard work that site is, but I can see why folks go there. Some really nice fossils to be found. Poor bonedigger has been there a couple times before and even though he found many trilobites, i was lucky enough to find two super nice ones. Bonedigger even offered me all the ones he found for my two!!! Poor guy. Hes probably still cryin.

I then went to Washington, made a very nice trade with Micropterus and spent the day hunting with him. Helped out my aging father a bit on his house for two days and came back with not alot of fossils, but some very high quality fossils! Ive only got one picture of a fossil, all the rest are still in rock and need prep. But man-o-man, I cant wait to get to preppin agian. WooooooooooHooooooooooo!!!!!

RB

Oh, Im guessing this bug measures maybe 3 inches? I havent unpacked anything yet.

Glad to see ya made it back home in one piece Ron. That sure is a nice trilo! Thanks again for the crabs.

"Thanks again for the crabs." -- not sure I'd post that after traveling with someone. :o

What a find; I'd be cryin' too!

(3"!? I may just go have a good cry anyway...)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

WOW that is cool I want to go with bonedigger I like it when someone makes me drink. Not sure about the crab thing but I like that bug might be worth it

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

Nice Olenellus!

"It seems to me that the natural world is the greatest source of excitement; the greatest source of visual beauty; the greatest source of

intellectual interest. It is the greatest source of so much in life that makes life worth living."

-Sir David Attenborough

Yes I am still cryin about them two bugs you found! But I've got alot of the ones I found cut out now and there looking pretty nice. Some more to go and some need some prep work. I have two multi plates yet to cut out as well. Here is some pics, most measure around 1/2 - 1" long except the one I'm holding.

Nice Trilo .

Hunting fossils is fun , but discovering is better !

Oh, those are so sweet looking! They look like they've been bronzed! Glad you had a fun time and made it back home safely. Have fun prepping.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Guest N.AL.hunter

Bone Digger,

I regret to inform you that you are in possession of several invertebrates. Namely, trilobites. As you may well know, these creatures do not have bones; so therefore, in order to protect the good name Bone Digger, I must ask that you turn them over to me right away or change your name to Exoskeleton Digger. The choice is yours. You have my address.

Sincerely, Del

Those are amazing trilos!!!! congratulations!!! I have been always inerested in lower cambrian trilobites and fortunately i visited Lathan Shale in CA two years ago. Moreover, i got several of those olenellus some months ago proceding from Pioche Shale formation.

I hope you like the pictures!!!!

post-269-1242938949_thumb.jpg

post-269-1242938972_thumb.jpg

post-269-1242939002_thumb.jpg

post-269-1242939024_thumb.jpg

post-269-1242939055_thumb.jpg

post-269-1242939081_thumb.jpg

It looks lik guys are real good at bug hunting, they all look great.

I still regret not going with you, but there you go.

We will have to try some other time :)

Very, very cool stuff! You better get prepping so we can determine who won the contest.

If you believe everything you read, perhaps it's time for you to stop reading...