One Dang Nice Trilobite!

RJB

Bone Digger,

I regret to inform you that you are in possession of several invertebrates. Namely, trilobites. As you may well know, these creatures do not have bones; so therefore, in order to protect the good name Bone Digger, I must ask that you turn them over to me right away or change your name to Exoskeleton Digger. The choice is yours. You have my address.

Sincerely, Del

ha ha ha, thats a good one! I am hoping to do at least one more maybe 2 more trips there this year (kinda got bitten by the bug again so to speak). If I end up with an excess of these things crawling around my house I'll send ya one! :)

Beautiful!!! It seems like you guys have surplus, guess you'll have to send some my way :D J/k

But I do need to get out and hunt some Trilos :D

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

Well,,, Finally got back from my trip the other day. Boy was I tired!!! Im gettin too old and too fat for this kind of super hard super duty fossil hunting anymore? Plus bonedigger forced me to drink and stay up till 1:30 one night!!! That made for one tuff day the next day. Uuuuugh!!! The first two places we hunted was purty much a bust, but on the way back to camp the second day we hit pay dirt and thats all im gunna say about that spot. But, again, thanks to governments trying to save all those fossils, I can tell you we walked over tens of thousands of ruined fossils!!! Just absolutly disgusted me!!!

Anyways, we then went to the trilobite site. What a ton of hard work that site is, but I can see why folks go there. Some really nice fossils to be found. Poor bonedigger has been there a couple times before and even though he found many trilobites, i was lucky enough to find two super nice ones. Bonedigger even offered me all the ones he found for my two!!! Poor guy. Hes probably still cryin.

I then went to Washington, made a very nice trade with Micropterus and spent the day hunting with him. Helped out my aging father a bit on his house for two days and came back with not alot of fossils, but some very high quality fossils! Ive only got one picture of a fossil, all the rest are still in rock and need prep. But man-o-man, I cant wait to get to preppin agian. WooooooooooHooooooooooo!!!!!

RB

Oh, Im guessing this bug measures maybe 3 inches? I havent unpacked anything yet.

:D :D :D RJB

Glad u made it home safe!!!!!!!!!!

Jason was so happy that you to were able to make it to the beach

he came home and talked my ear off all evening, hope we cam make it out that way this summer !!! i hear Montana has some great fossils

Mrs M. :faint:

i came saw drooled and collected

Wow! I just started this post yesterday morning! Yeah, bonedigger really cleaned up in quanity, and me in quality. I only found 3 bugs and maybe a wanaria, but it may not be prepable? A tuff spot to hunt for trilos though. First you have to dig, then dig some more, then some more until your exausted. Then once you come across a rock, you have to get it out and start splittin it. Most rocks I split didnt have anything. The two big bugs I found were in the same rock and the little one I found was in a much smaller rock in a different hole. But still lots of fun.

Micropterus doesnt know it, but hes going to be 'THE' fossil crab guy of washington. Im glad hes my freind too, hes one big guy!!! His knowledge of the area is quite impressive, and im quite sure hes going to end up with one of the best crab collections of the intire state!!!

Ive got more super fossils to show you guys, but right now i just dont have the time to go through them. Boo,,,hoo,,, One of these days when I get tired of all this building I just may take a few days off and do some prepping.

RB

Hi guys,

do you maybe have a paper or document to classify the different species of NA Olenellus?

Iwill appreciate a lot any help,

Jose