Found Some More Trilobites

Ramo

I finished up work in Cincinnati today, and stopped by a roadcut that Platycarpus took me to a couple of weeks ago. We hunted for about 5 hours I think, and all I could find were two tiny tails. Today I was headed home, and was going to pass within a couple miles of the cut, so I thought I'd stop. After only about 5 minutes, I found my first rolled trilobite. It was small enough to almost pass for a rolly-polly, but I was excited. I ended up finding another tiny rolled one, and then two big (compared to the others I found) tails. I then saw a big trilobite head, and picked it up hoping it was rolled, and the tail was underneath. Unfortunately it wasn't. It was broke. I looked down where I picked it up from, and there about 3 inches away was the tail!! It is about one of the coolest things I have ever seen. Right now I'm stopped at a hotel in Indy to check my e-mail to see if my boss will release me from the storm site to go home (Don't tell him I'm allready this far) so I don't have photos yet. I'll get some added to here tonight after I get a room somewhere down the road for the night.

For one species to mourn the death of another is a new thing under the sun.
-Aldo Leopold

Now that doesn't happen very often,

perfect timing. And if your inner voice

didn't tell you to stop again, no complete

trilobites.... :)

Welcome to the forum!

Here they are. Sorry about the picture quality. They look better in person. When I get them cleaned up some day, I'll post new pictures.

post-40-1242961666_thumb.jpg

post-40-1242961685_thumb.jpg

For one species to mourn the death of another is a new thing under the sun.
-Aldo Leopold

That itty-bitty one is so cool!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Awesome! I need to get out and hunt those bugs and pull my head out of the sands of the miocene :D

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

Guest solius symbiosus

I'm looking at those on my phone, so it is hard to determine, but they appear to be Fexicalymene sp.

I'll check'em out when I get home.

Here they are. Sorry about the picture quality. They look better in person. When I get them cleaned up some day, I'll post new pictures.

Now that bonedigger has taken me trilobite hunting and turned me into an expert, I can say that you have a very nice trilo there!!!

RB