Oh, The Things You'll Find! In Your Backyard :d

Phoenixflood

Well, I was forunate enough to have a buddy of mine bring me back some Lee Creek dirt. He brought it back from his last trip down there. I hadn't picked up a bucket the last time I was there; I completely forgot about it. SO he was nice enough to bring me a 5 gal bucket back.

Over the last couple of days I have been shifting, seeking, and searching ever inch of this dirt looking for micro fossils. I think I've done pretty well, so far I've found some samll hammerhead, a front lower tooth of a hemi, some micro croc teeth, lots of litte fish teeth, porpoise teeth, an angel shark, a whale shark and tons of tiny shark teeth. Sadly the big one was not there, I could have taken a good picture of that :D I don't do too well with smaller fossils but I did manage to take a picture of this.

The first tooth was from a different location but the rest are from the back yard :D

The next is an angel and then what I think it is a posterior chub tooth and just look how small it is!!!!

post-671-1242967478_thumb.jpg

post-671-1242967489_thumb.jpg

post-671-1242967523_thumb.jpg

post-671-1242967559_thumb.jpg

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

oh sweet little tooth.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

it's the first posterior chub I think I ever found :D well until someone tells me it's a meg posterior :D

Cool stuff! I was so whipped, cramped, sore and probably had a touch of heat stroke that I forgot entirely to fill my buckets with LC stuff. All I could think of was cool air conditioning, food, and rehydration.

I was a siftin' fool the next day though!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kevin Wilson

Nice tooth. And thanks for reminding me. I have three buckets of Aurora material sitting on my porch since my surgery I haven't explored.

Be true to the reality you create.

Nice tooth. And thanks for reminding me. I have three buckets of Aurora material sitting on my porch since my surgery I haven't explored.

Hopefully some people brought me a few back from Fossil fest :D

Hopefully some people brought me a few back from Fossil fest :D

how many did you ask?

gallery_17_41_9178.jpg