This Past Weekends Catch

BobC

Hey guys--here's a clip of this past weeks hunt near Hamilton's Pool and surrounding area. I found a fossil which is unknown to me--any idea as to what it is? It looks similar to some rudist ends I've found elsewhere, but I don't think it's one. It looks like a giant claw! My camera work is getting much better, praise Allah

Andy by the way--I have your package made up and I took it to Pak Mail and they said the frikkin thing, because it is 4lbs, will cost almost $90 to mail to England, so I haven't mailed it. Would you rather I just send the light salenias (I can afford that) or do you want the whole package and help me at least split the cost? I am not usually this cheap but my beloved Dog Otis has cancer and is undergoing chemo, and it is very expensive

I think that one you are asking about is a clam. Found an online pic from Lance's site.

His was from the Goodland. Sure looks like yours to me.

Pinna comancheana

post-13-1243024196.jpg

Welcome to the forum!

That's what I was going to say, Roz. Bob, look HERE for a picture of a modern day "pen" shell.

Also, HERE for a fossil one with shell preservation.

Well I'll be darned. I swear to God there are ten thousand ancient clams types around here. I had no idea! Thanks for the diagnosis--and thanks Jim for the complement. I'll be leading a mini hunt this weekend with some forum members--and the specimens in this video are representative of what we'll be finding.

Thanks B--I love my dogs so much. One of them has cancer--Otis--so please say a prayer for him even if you aren't religious.

C'mon Otis, you can do it! Good boy!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Being a dog person, I have to say....Get well soon Otis. Your owner needs ya!