Pond Rocks

Mango

Stopped at the pond on the way home from work again today. Found a few teeth and bone fragments. I picked up the larger of the two fragments thinking it was a neat rock with a hole in it. I have a drawer for those. A few yards away the small one easily caught my eye after I had examined the big one.

They seem to be way too similar to be rocks, but I have no idea what they are. Are they shell castings? Bone?

post-1351-1243048275_thumb.jpg

post-1351-1243048371_thumb.jpg

post-1351-1243048389_thumb.jpg

post-1351-1243048794_thumb.jpg

post-1351-1243048947_thumb.jpg

Pentax Optio W60

Dude ,the enamel preservation on that serrated tooth is awesome. I lost my hearing aid inserts about...well some MYA.I think you found them! I hope someone can get a positive ID for you! Nice finds!

Could the little cup handles be otoliths?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Dude ,the enamel preservation on that serrated tooth is awesome. I lost my hearing aid inserts about...well some MYA.I think you found them! I hope someone can get a positive ID for you! Nice finds!

Thanks.

Went back today and found a couple of smaller ones with great enamel surface. Seems polished, yet the serrations don't seem worn.

post-1351-1243134082_thumb.jpg

post-1351-1243134159_thumb.jpg

post-1351-1243134201_thumb.jpg

Pentax Optio W60