The Bug(?) That Got Away :(

fosceal2

Early on, maybe 3 or 4 years ago. I found the only fossil with ( maybe) legs in West Va sandstone. Unfortunately In attempting to prep it I destroyed it so all I have are some pictures.

post-218-1243110928_thumb.jpgpost-218-1243111453_thumb.jpgpost-218-1243111471_thumb.jpg

If anyone can see anything I would appreciate any input.

Fosceal

I see hints of structure and bilateral symmetry, but I can't make out what it is.

I would have probably buggered it up too, just trying to figure out what it was.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

My virgin eyes see the bottom of a horseshoe crab in the second image, and maybe a grasshopper in the third. Tough to make out with the smaller images though. I guess its hard to get a close up if they are destroyed. :mellow:

Pretty cool though :D

cole~

Knowledge has three degrees-opinion, science, illumination. The means or instrument of the first is sense; of the second, dialectic; of the third, intuition.

Plotinus 204 or 205 C.E., Egyptian Philosopher

I have no idea why I typed sandstone- it is limestone. I gently, with a small paintbrush, painted bug with hydrochloric acid. Upon seeing the vigorous reaction I neutralized the acid. I then admired the empty depression I had just created. :o

Fosceal