What This Little Bugger Looks Like Now! Wow!

RJB

I got my tile saw up and running today and took that trilobite and trimmed up the edges and I cut the 'bottom' edge at a slight angle so it sits back at an angle making it display more nicely. I still have to give all the sharp edges a bit of a sand to soften them and if I can ever find my black felt I will put a fetl bottom on it so it cant scratch the glass. And no, you wont be able to see the felt sticking out of the bottom. Very unproffesional that. But after I squared it up and washed it and let it dry in the Montana sun, I mixed up some very watery Glyptal solution. I put on my opti-visor and took one of my smallest and sharpest pointed art brushes and very slowly and very carefully brushed on my solution. HOLY KERMOLIES MAN!!! Just unbelievable how something sooooooo simple can make a fossil come ALIVE!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Here is a picture of how this little bugger looks now. Can you see the HUGE smile on my face?

RB

Thanks guys. I think I will be smiling for quite some time over this one!!! YEAAAAH!!!!!!!

RB

If you send me a larger picture of it I will put it up on the header :D

You just lost me Anson. How do I send you a larger photo? And what is 'The Header'? Im purty good with fossils, but when it comes to computers, I get lost easily.

RB

Even the matrix is pretty (but without distracting from the bug)! :wub:

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

The rotating images at the top of the forum page you can only see it if you use the default skin.

The rotating images at the top of the forum page you can only see it if you use the default skin.

Ok, I get that part now, but how do I send you a bigger photo? Ive posted it on here, it just grabs it from my computer. Can it get any bigger?

RB

hmmm must be your camera is set on that size is there any way you could get a close up where its just the fossil in the pic?

Since I'm such a great guy, I'll offer to take a good pic; just mail me the bug. :P

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

Jesus Im stupid sometimes. I think you mean to get a closeup of the bug? Im purdy dense and some things have to be explained to me in detail. Ha! i will try and get some better photos tomorrow.

RB

One more time WOW

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

Hay RB, can I set this as the wallpaper on my laptop?

post-423-1243130342_thumb.jpg

It is just too gorgeous!

Okay, where do I need to go to find one of those. Im in need of diversifying my collection.

Great job you did there. :drool:

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

OK - that kicks some serious butt!

Even my wife thought the original pic was cool.

My whole family ought to love the prepped product pic!

Thanks for posting! O

What is geology? "Rocks for Jocks!"

Hay RB, can I set this as the wallpaper on my laptop?

post-423-1243130342_thumb.jpg

It is just too gorgeous!

Be my guess fella. Im thinkin of doing the same, but have to figure out how?

RB

Be my guess fella. Im thinkin of doing the same, but have to figure out how?

RB

While I'm at it, can I use it as my avatar and change my name to RJB?

<I have serious fossil envy>