Need A Tooth Id'ed Please

jpbowden

I know nothing about fossil fish teeth, any help?

post-749-1243281656_thumb.jpg

Here are some of my other micro's

post-749-1243281717_thumb.jpgpost-749-1243281724_thumb.jpgpost-749-1243281732_thumb.jpgpost-749-1243281740_thumb.jpgpost-749-1243281748_thumb.jpg

Thanks

Hey Pat

I think the first one is an enchodus tooth. I could be wrong though

Pics 2, 3, look like crab claws and pic 4 sure looks like a crab to me.

I don't know what pic 5 is. Last one looks like a lobster or crab claw.....

Congratulations! :D

Welcome to the forum!

I think the first is a enchodus also, but for me is could be a fossil tooth pick LOL. All are micros and are on the slabs I have found, which are now over a hundred. Strange but there are some Pecten virgatus and Pseudoptera rushana. So far only one fish fossil which I gave away to a friend of mine, and a lot of what the heck are those?

Hey Pat, what are you taking those micro pics with?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Hey Pat, what are you taking those micro pics with?

Carson zOrb MM-480 about the size of a hens egg and cost 30 bucks hand held and works great!

Carson zOrb MM-480 about the size of a hens egg and cost 30 bucks hand held and works great!

I'll say it does! A lot of performance for the money :)

I Googled it; sure seems simple to use.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Nice stuff! I agree the zorb looks like a neat little item I could use. Are those pictures taken with the camera function or are they screen grabs? Do you have anymore pictures, not necessarily fossils, taken with the camera that you can share, jp?

-steve

I'll say it does! A lot of performance for the money :)

I Googled it; sure seems simple to use.

---Wie Wasser schleift den Stein, wir steigen und fallen---

Nice stuff! I agree the zorb looks like a neat little item I could use. Are those pictures taken with the camera function or are they screen grabs? Do you have anymore pictures, not necessarily fossils, taken with the camera that you can share, jp?

-steve

No it has its own software and you can bring it up in Photoshop, do a movie or a snapshot, set it up to do all kinds of stuff got a nice manual to boot.

Had to reedit: with my monitor, it can go down to 53X and is just a little microscope for checking out my slabs.

Sorry, I should have said something but you can not see any of these without the scope or loupe. I scan them with a loupe first and then the camera scope. that's when I take the pictures.

• 5 months later...

The images are gone now.

Any chance you'd be willing to post up something?

I'm thinking of getting some kind of digital microscope. I was looking at the QX5 before, but now this thing seems like it might be better....at least it's less expensive.

Any more opinion on it after this long?

Thanks.

scale in avatar is millimeters

Come visit Sandi, the 'Fossil Journey Cruiser'

WIPS (the Western Interior Paleontological Society - http://www.westernpaleo.org)

"Being genetically cursed with an almost inhuman sense of curiosity and wonder, I'm hard-wired to investigate even the most unlikely, uninteresting (to others anyway) and irrelevant details; often asking hypothetical questions from many angles in an attempt to understand something more thoroughly."

-- Mr. Edonihce