Today's Post Oak Creek Haul

ShadyW

So, this sunny Memorial Day saw the whole family down in POC for the afternoon. Me, the kids and the dog hunted fossils while my wife set up her easel in the middle of the creek and painted!

I think we met the same kids that Snakekeeper met too - a boy ~12 years old and his little sister down there fishing. Perhaps Barry's not telling us the whole story, because the kid said that some guy yesterday had found "three arrowheads and a whole fossil beaver jaw!"

Anyway, our haul was one of our best ever. In two hours we found over 100 teeth, including a few absolute beauties. We also found more fossil turtle shell and bones than I've ever seen there, and by FAR the largest fish vert yet for this location.

We also found a few nice little intact glass bottles in blue and brown glass. I'm not a bottle expert, but the look pretty old and will be attractive on our windowsills.

post-166-1243297279_thumb.jpg

Every complex scientific problem has an elegant and simple solution... and it is wrong.

Daniel, Great haul!

It's good to hear the family had a great outing. Now all we have to do is find that beaver jaw!

Owen

What is geology? "Rocks for Jocks!"

Hey Daniel, just missed you by a day.POC definitely has changed for the better. It's time to pull out one of those 2 1/2 inchers that's complete. Nice haul and I'm glad you got to finally do some collecting.

NIce finds! I have my largest vert to date from that creek, and it is just over an inch wide, and about 3/4 inch thick. Found it crawling up one of the run off streams into the main drag. Im not sure what it would be from

post-221-1243397150_thumb.jpg

post-221-1243397183_thumb.jpg

Nice finds! I would love to see the bottles. I found a really nice little brown one down there when I got to go.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'