Does anyone know where i'd be lucky enough to find large Isotelus trilos?

fossilized6s

I'd like to plan a two or three day trip this Fall to go bug hunting. I'd prefer it be 8hrs or under away. I've found bits and pieces of them in IL, but a complete or BIG bit would be nice.

I saw in Anderson county, KY you can find them, but i don't have a specific legal spot. I'd be happy to meet up with any members. And if you don't want your spot to be public feel free to send me a PM.

Any help is appreciated.

Charlie

(other nice trilos would be cool too....)

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

Perhaps you should talk to forum members Malcolmt or Northern Sharks about Bowmanville. The quarry there allows access one day a year, and you'll likely have to join a local fossil club, but it's a great site. See this thread for more info. Southern Ontario is a bit further than you mentioned was ideal, Google Maps indicates ~10 1/2 hrs, but it could be worth the extra couple of hours. If you plan right you could add in the James Dick quarry (Ordovician Verulam Formation), Arkona (Devonian), Ridgemont (very hard work but a chance to find a eurypterid), or Penn Dixie just across the border (great for Devonian trilobites).

Don